Reload this Page >

Rome Hotels: Marriott?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 05:43 AM
Vickie

Has anybody heard of, or better yet, stayed at the Rome Marriott Grand Flora? It's on the Via Veneto, overlooking the Borghese gardens and I could use my Marriott points for a free stay (which is always nice!) BUT, no guidebooks list this hotel, there are no mentions of it in the archived forum messages, so what's wrong with it??? I know there are a lot of hotels in Rome, but I would have expected to finda at least a brief reference to it. Thanks...

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 05:55 AM
Beth

Vickie, <BR>I think this hotel was discussed in the recent hosted forum on ROme, so you might check there. I believe they said it was newly renovated, and perhaps newly owned by Marriot. That's why you can't find any references. Check out the past hosted forums. <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 06:39 AM
Carol

Hi Vickie: <BR> <BR>I've checked the Marriott website on this hotel and I think they might have renovated one of my favorite old Rome hotels--the Dineson. I suspect they've retained the Victorian feeling of the Dineson but put in all the modern conveniences. IMO it's in a wonderful location as long as you get a room facing the park--rooms on the other sides could get noisy. It is newly renovated and newly opened this year--plus I think that most guidebooks tend not to mention chain hotels. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. <BR> <BR>It's a lovely short walk to the nearest bus stop down the Via Veneto and believe it or not you feel like you're in a neighborhood. It's an easy walk to the Piazza di Spagna and the Piazza del Popolo. I'd grab the opportunity to stay there--especially for free. <BR>

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 08:54 AM
Ed

A relatively recent addition to Marriott. Completely renovated, I believe. <BR> <BR>Not much feedback about it, but it's in the 5-star class. Excellent location. (See http://twenj.com/romechoice.htm) <BR> <BR>An outstanding opportunity for a free stay in Rome.

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 08:21 PM
Derek

My wife and I stayed in the Hotel Flora in Rome last May, before starting a cruise. I don't know whatit cost because it was part of a package, but we'd stay there again if we could afford it. Inside very modern, but tasteful, adequate but not enormous room. Excellent neighbourhood, we felt quite comfortable walking to and from back-street restuarants on two nights we were there, and ate well.