Reload this Page >

From de Gaulle to Paris

Search

From de Gaulle to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 12:27 PM
SNC

From de Gaulle to Paris

What is the best way to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to the center of Paris?

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 12:42 PM
can

Have Juliette Binoche pick you up in her Jaguar, wearing nothing but a mink coat and Chanel Number 5.

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 12:47 PM
elvira

RER goes from CDG (connect with a free shuttle bus) to Gare due Nord, Pont St Michel, Luxembourg stops. AirFrance bus takes you to a couple of spots in central Paris. Taxis are always available and take you to your exact destination. Pre-arranged chauffered cars' drivers meet you outside immigration and help you get your bags to the car, usually waiting curbside. You can rent a car and drive yourself into Paris; I don't know the best driving route as I always take the RER. <BR> <BR>Depending on # traveling, how much money you want to spend, how much luggage you have, and your stamina, one or all may be the best.

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 06:41 PM
Diane

Do a search on Airport Shuttle and you'll find plenty of discussion on this topic.

Old Dec 12th, 1999, 08:42 AM
s.fowler

Here is the website: http://www.paris-anglo.com/clients/ashuttle.html <BR> <BR>I made my reservation and heard back from them in less than 24 hours. I'll let you know how well it works when I get back!

Old Dec 12th, 1999, 09:35 AM
Bette

We took the Airport Shuttle (the website is in one of the replies) and were very satisfied with it. There were 4 of us - we called the minute our plane arrived before picking up our luggage the toll free number. It was there when we got outside and took us directly to our hotel. There could be occasions when it would have other passengers. It was 89F pp. We used it when we left Paris also. <BR>

Old Dec 12th, 1999, 05:34 PM
Alan

Take the Airport Shuttle. It is inexpensive and you can make reservations on their web site ahead of time. They speak English. It was no hassle...we used them arriving 10/16 and departing from our paris hotel on 10/29. Takes about an hour.

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 07:44 AM
How

How do we reach Juliette and should we bring the Chanel No.5?

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 12:45 PM
kathy

Elvira, this post jogs my memory. What was the name of the car service you hired for the recent Loons trip? After our maiden voyage last year when I got caught up in how easy it was to do the RER/Metro thing that many suggested here, I don't want to repeat that episode again this year. Sooooo many steps and sooooo much walking, lightweight bag that wasn't, I thought I packed light, but didn't - that's what I learned on my summer vacation! We took a taxi on the return, arranged by the hotel. If more than the two of us go, a car service might be the best solution - and a treat I'd be willing to trade off for. Thanks.

Old Dec 14th, 1999, 04:47 PM
Marty

If you use the shuttle, remember to press the green button the phone to make a toll free number. I was glad that I gleaned that little information somewhere, because at first I thought the phones were not working! The shuttle worked great for us. They said pick up at the hotel would be at 8:00 AM (I called from the hotel to re-confirm) and it was right on time.

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 01:48 PM
elvira

The Loons used a chauffered limousine in Paris for a Giverny/Versailles tour. http://aamericanlimousines.com/ <BR>is their website; I think they have only limos, but you could email them for more info. <BR>In London, we used www.chauffeur.co.uk for our van from Gatwick to London and the cars that got two of our party Gatwick&lt;&gt;Heathrow. <BR>Both companies did great jobs, and were worth the money (fair price for the serv

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 01:49 PM
Daniel

Exit the doors to the right of luggage pickup. Wait along the curbside and take the bus, which is free. It will take you to the train station that is on the periphery of the airport. Buy a ticket to Paris. No need to speak French, just say "PA-REE". It really doesn't matter because 99.999% of all passengers are only buying that ticket. <BR> <BR>The train, which starts above ground eventually goes underground and becomes a main subway line.....the one that stops at Hotel De Ville, or City Hall, among others. Just for your bearings....it's located near Beaubourg, Centre Pompidous in the Marais District (and close to Notre Dame). <BR> <BR>It's very easy. Just study your map well before hand so you know which side of the Metro station you come up from. <BR> <BR>I recommend this if you only have one piece of luggage and a bag with a shoulder strap, maximum. Depending on the time and day of week, it can be faster and is definitely much cheaper than taking a taxi. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 17th, 1999, 08:59 AM
kathy

Thanks Elvira. That's the infor I was looking for. Happy holidays, and thanks for your great year-long posts.