Rome hotels/itineraryn - help please!

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 12:15 AM
clarissa

Rome hotels/itineraryn - help please!

Hi

Can anyone advise/recommend wonderful/special/different hotels in Rome, that don't cost mega-bucks (3***/4****).

We are visiting March/April 2001 for 3 nights.

Help appreciated!

Many thanks
Clarry.

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 07:14 AM
Jeff

Hi Clarissa,
I going to Rome next May and I think you'd like the Hotel dei Consoli. Type in the name of the hotel on any search engine and you'll get their home page. The rates are very reasonable and it is very close to the Vatican.

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 09:19 AM
Judy

Hi Clarissa, we are going to Rome in 10 days, we are staying at Hotel Portoghesi(Thanks to Sandra: look up in rants & raves in this forum)...150$ a night,,,I like their web site...www.interlandia.com/roma/portghesi/hotel....also, try the "Gambero Rosso" guidebook, has lots of restaurant and hotel reviews,,,good luck, Judy

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 10:17 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Clarissa
Have not stayed here but found this web site for the CASA HOWARD in answering
another item on the BB. Go into www.
venere.it/roma/casahoward. Looks very interesting, also if you do stay there
drop me a line as to your experiences.
Richard of La Grange Park, Il..

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 10:29 AM
Dori

Hi Clarissa,
Have been researching this also for a trip to Rome in Nov. I reserved at a B&B near Piazza Navona (recommended on this forum) called Residenza San Panataleo. $75/double (offseason) Other hotels I was considering were the Hotel Aberdeen (recommended in Rick Steve's book) and also the Domus Julia a B&B recommened on this forum (it's affiliated w/ a 5-star hotel where you eat breakfast.) Here are the websites:
www.travel.it/roma/aberdeen/
www.hoteljulia.it/domusjulia/index.html

The Hotel due Torre is mentioned on this forum quite a bit also:
www.hotelbook.com/static/welcome_14282.html#top
HTH! Let you know how the Residenza San Panataleo is when I return.

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 11:37 PM
clarissa

Thanks everyone! Help much appreciated - I will make the necessary enquiries.

Old Sep 4th, 2000, 05:38 PM
Renee

I loved the Albergo del Sole on the Campo dei Fiori(which I think is the best location in Rome for being in the middle of everything). We also liked the Hotel Pensione Italia and the Hotel Nardizzi Americana. All Rick Steves recommendations and great for the price, location and ambiance. Have a great trip!

Old Sep 4th, 2000, 10:45 PM
ken

Last fall, we stayed at the Albergo Cesari in the Via de Pietra, a small quiet street between the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon. It was great, had reasonable rates, and really convenient to walk to all the sights. You can check them out at www.venere.it/roma/cesari. Enjoy your trip.

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 08:07 AM
Elizabeth

Clarissa -
We are going to Rome in two weeks and staying at the Hotel Carriage, right next to the Spanish Steps. Great location, around $150-200/nt, nice rooms & some w/rooftop terraces - we've stayed there before. They have a website, so look them up!

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 10:49 AM
Marilyn Ham

We've stayed twice at the Alimandi Hotel. It's very nice and reasonable for what you get. They also pick you up and return you to the airport, which is a real benefit. You'll find them on the internet and also in Rick Steves recommendations. They are very full, so you need to book early. Marilyn

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 01:15 PM
richardab

As the poster child for the Hotel Due Torri, I must recommend it! Its quaint, friendly and comfy. Who could ask for more?

You can see pics of it and more info about Rome on my websight. The sight isn't completely finished but the Rome section is.

http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/

Follow the path;

Enter>Fly>Europe>Rome

Let me know what you think.

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 02:36 PM
Carey

My fiance and I are staying at the Casa Howard for a week in October. The hotel looks interesting, and they have been very responsive to our questions. I haven't been there yet, because it is a somewhat new hotel, but you can access there website, and make online reservations at www.casahoward.com. I hope this works, and if you would like further info regarding our stay at this hotel, email me, and I will send you info upon our return. (We will get back from our honeymoon on October 23rd.)

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 07:35 PM
carolyn

went to Rome October 1999 and stayed at the Hotel Delle Muse. It was in a nice quiet neighbourhood near the Villa Borghese, but still not too far away from everything. We walked to the Spanish Steps every day, it took about 30 minutes. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the prices for the hotel and restaurant were very reasonable. I would highly recommend itThe website is ://www.travel.it/roma/muse/index.htm

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 10:22 PM
Roxy

I think you should check out Rick Steves' website. He has written a book called "Europe through the back door". He has great suggestions. Also, Frommers.com.
By comparing their recommendations (with fodors) I think you will find just what you're looking for.

Old Sep 7th, 2000, 11:35 AM