Search

Rome Hotels--Feedback Requested (:

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Hotels--Feedback Requested (:

Hello!

My husband and I will be visiting Italy for 18 days in early July. We will be starting out in Rome for 4 nights, and are looking for a moderately priced hotel ($150-200 per night) in a decent, relatively central area). Two of the hotels that I've been looking into are Hotel Paba and Hotel Raffaello. Both seem to have gotten mostly good reviews. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels (or both)? Would you recommend one over another? What are the pros/cons of either one? And finally, are there any other hotels that I should look into? As of right now, both hotels mentioned above have availability, so Im hoping to make this decision in the next few days. Thanks, and I look forward to your responses! Best, Angela
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:38 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Haven't stayed at either the Paba or Raffaello. We stayed at the Arco del Lauro in Trastevere in October -- loved it. Not "historic center" (where we've stayed other times), but very walkable to everything, & Trastevere is a great neighborhood. I have a review in TripAdvisor.
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:54 AM

We stayed just one night at the Hotel San Francesco in Trastevere which is in your price range. Loved the hotel and the area--sorry we couldn't stay there longer.

http://www.hotelsanfrancesco.net/hotel.htm
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:59 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I was going to suggest the SF also, AnnMarieC. They had no rooms available when we were there, but I walked by and it looked really lovely.
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 12:06 PM

Two years ago we stayed at Hotel Santa Chiara. It is right behind the Pantheon. I think it is at the upper end of your price range, but check through the discount websites (expedia, etc.) for better rates. It was a nice hotel with a great bathroom and shower (sometimes a little tough to find in Italy). Buon viaggio!
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 12:12 PM

Next time, then, eh LucieV? ;-)

This was a very comfortable hotel, the staff were friendly, we had a large bathroom and could not believe the size of the breakfast buffet in the morning! I would be happy to stay here again--especially for the price!
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback so far!
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 03:24 PM

GoJumbos
Will be staying at Hotel Santa Maria in May , located in the Trastevere neighborhood - within your price range. Chose because of local neighborhood; not necessarily considered central Rome though
Gohedwig