Rome Hotels - Cesari or Lancelot

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to decide between these two hotels for a trip in Sept. The Lancelot is less expensive but seems to be not as centrally located as the Cesari. This is my first time in Rome. Also the noise factor is important to me. I like quiet. Can anyone help?
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 11:39 AM

These are the two hotels I usually stay in when in Rome unless we rent an apartment. I like the Lancelot, you get a good deal for your money, it is a pretty quiet street and the hotel is set back a little so it is not very noisy. They have a nice breakfast, a little bar for drinks, and a few big living rooms off the lobby to have coffee or drinks and chat...they also have a very nice dinner if you are interested in halfboard. It is about a 4-5 block walk to the collosium metro, about a 20 min walk to the main historic area, but very managable and pleasant both day and night. The Cesari is certainly right in the middle of things, much closer if you aren't a walker, the windows are very good so with them closed you will block out the noise pretty well. This hotel is a little bit more businesslike, the Lancelot is more a family run hotel. I hope this helps you make a decision, BTW, there isn't alot of "quiet" in Rome.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 12:36 PM

susanna where do you rent when in rome ? do you have any suggestions for an apartment for a couple who is going for the first time. thank you
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your response! Is the Lancelot area safe? I've heard some areas around the Colosseum are not. Would you say it's approx. a 20 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain? (I wasn't sure if that's what you meant by "main historic area.&quot
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 01:45 PM

Yes, a 20 min walk to the Trevi or Piazza Navona. I don't think that any of the area around the Collosium is dangerous, might you be thinking of the area around the train station. Although it might look close to the termini on a map, it is not in that neighborhood at all.
Fairger: we usually rent an apartment that I don't think would be great for a first timer because you would have to know your way around, it is behind the forum and you can cut through it to get everywhere, but you can have a look at the company that I use, we rent the apartment on Fienili:
http://www.mpinternationalhouse.com/uk/
For a first time I might pick one in the historic center of Rome. Many people here rent one called Piazza Olivia which looks great,if you do a search here you will find lots of comments on it. My company also has many in the center, they were great to deal with and the apartment was exactly as stated. Hope this helps.