Rome hotels

Oct 31st, 2000, 07:04 AM
Tim

Rome hotels

I am looking for a 4 star hotel in the heart of the action. I have found what I think is a reasnable rate ar the Grand Hotel Plaza, but I do not find many comments posted on this hotel. Has anyone stayed there?

Oct 31st, 2000, 08:53 AM
kay

We stayed there last summer and really enjoyed it. Our room was lovely,very large w/a high ceiling & ornate mouldings. The furnishings were a bit worn, but the bathrooms were beautiful, very modern. Good location, 5 min walk from the Spanish Steps, 10-15 min walk to Piazza Navona. Via del Corso is a busy street, but noise was not a problem at all (although it could've just been the jet lag).I think it's a great deal when you get the discounted rate (I think it was 3 nights you had to stay?)

Also, I seem to remember a posting on this hotel a few months back, and all of the replies were quite positive. I would definitely stay there again.

Nov 1st, 2000, 07:15 PM
Renee

Hi,We recently stayed at the Crown Plaza Minerva It was great -wonderful location near the Pantheon.

Nov 2nd, 2000, 06:04 AM
natalie

Hi Tim - what was the rate you were quoted at this 4 star hotel? I've been quoted 300,000 lire at the Traiano, another 4 star (for 4 beds). Just want to compare to see if we can get the best rates!

Nov 2nd, 2000, 02:21 PM
Tim

Natalie:
I was quoted a price of 430000 ITL for a double. It looks like you received a much better quote than I. I have not booked yet. I have done some more research and found that prices vary widely depending on the location of the hotel in Rome. I was concentrating on the Spanish Steps area and have found it to be confiscatory with the rates that they are asking... Still looking

Nov 2nd, 2000, 03:22 PM
ev

Just curious... what's the exchange rate for lire? how much is 300,000 Lire in U.S. dollars?

Nov 2nd, 2000, 03:34 PM
tim

Exchange rate to us is 2250 to 1 as of 11/2