Notices

Rome hotels

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 08:20 AM
pam

Rome hotels

I am going to Rome in November. I am considering the Hotel Marcus, has anyone stayed there?

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 06:00 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Pam
Have not stayed at the Hotel Marcus,
it is a twostar hotel with 17 rooms.
Its address is the Via del Clementino, 94, which is a street about three blocks
long running southwest from the intersection of the Condotti and the
Corso. The is a total of about four
or five blocks from the Spanish Steps.
We have normally stayed on the via
Sistina, which is at the top of the
Spanish Steps at the HOTEL INTERNAZIONALE. There are two, two
star hotels on the via Sistina, which
is a very good location, however cannot
vouch for either as we have never stayed at either, HOTEL VENIER , via Sistina, 42 and HOTEL LYDIA, Via Sistina, 42 also. The HOTEL CROCE DI MALTA, via
Borgognona, 28 is one which is at the
bottom of the Spanish Steps. Check out
the following urls for hotel information.
www.venere.it search Rome and hotel
www.hotelguide.ch/ search Rome and hotel
www.enit.it search to date base,
hotels, Roma and hotel.
Good surfing Richard of Hickory Hills,
IL....

Old Oct 23rd, 1999, 10:51 AM
Søren

Hi Pam,
My family and I just (hours ago) returned from a wonderful vacation in Rome. We stayed at Hotel Marcella (106 Via Flavia, parallel to XX Settembre), which we recommend highly. It is a little further out (perhaps a mile or so) than some of the other hotels, but the rooms are super, the staff at the hotel is extremely helpful, and the view from the rooftop breakfast room is great. It is a three-star hotel. In October, which is high season, a double room runs 330,000 lire, including a good breakfast. It may be somewhat less in November. We often walked into the center of town (a little less than half an hour's walk) or took a cab (about 10,000 lire, give or take).

Check it out at www.hotelmarcella.it.

My sister stayed a Cecare (in Fodor). It is the same price. It has a very convenient location (just off Via del Corso near Piazza Colonna), and--from a brief conversation--quite OK, but it certainly did not seem nearly as nice as Marcella.

Enjoy your trip.

Old Oct 23rd, 1999, 01:07 PM
Mike Miller

Pam, we stayed for four nights in the Hotel Italia on Via Venzia near the Termini (4 blocks). It is right off of Via Natzionale. Wonderful hotel. Very clean, great staff, good breakfast. Their website is: [email protected]

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 04:19 PM
Sandy

Hi Pam,
Was in Rome last of Sept.99, Stayed at the Morgana Hotel, was great. Near the train station,and we had no problems with pickpocket,ect. The hotel has a web page and it is listed in Fordor's Rome guide.