Reload this Page >

Rome Hotel without earplugs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 09:40 AM
light sleeper

I am looking for a quiet hotel in the area between Piazza Navona and Piazza Colonna. I have read through several of the archives on Rome hotels, and have found many recommendations for the Colonna Palace, Raphael and Nazionale a Montecitorio. The locations are perfect, and I would love to stay at one of them, but I can't seem to justify the price(but I have not ruled out splurging). Any other suggestions for something under $200 in the same area? <BR> <BR>I've notices that common complaint seems to be excessive noise at many hotels, so please let me know if you have had that problem at these, or your other recommended hotels. Thanks. <BR>

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 09:53 AM
Ruth

We stayed at the Santa Chiara near the Pantheon (not sure if that is between the two Piazzas you mentioned) and our room (on the inner courtyard of the hotel) was very quiet. Our friends' room on the street was noisier with street noise.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 11:30 AM
m

we also stayed at santa chiara, lovely place but we had the room facing the street (torre argentina). with windows closed it was fine but our room was warm and the hotel did not turn on the a/c yet. a/c activates in may. with a/c and windows closed i think it would have been fine. with windows open, not good. if you reserve early enough you can request inside room. we had a family suite (4 of us), i think there are only 4 of this type and others beat us to the good ones. This hotel is near the location you mentioned but not exactly there. it's right behind the parthenon. It has a beautiful lobby and excellent breakfast buffet. i thibnk it's very good value.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 01:13 PM
jim

I don't think this meets your criterion for location, but you might want to consider the Hotel Borromini. It's near the Via Veneto (in the Parioli district). <BR>The rooms are about $200 US, and the place and staff are nice, but the real attraction is the quiet location: It sits in the middle of a residential neighborhood a few blocks away from the main street -- I swear if you never left the block, you'd never know you were in (noisy) Rome. <BR>As I said, it doesn't quite fit your location request, but the price and the peace are worth considering.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 02:04 PM
Lisa

Go to www.aaahotels.net and you can book a room at the Colonna for $120.00 also Rome is actually pretty small. You can stay at a small hotel up by the Spanish Steps and still walk to everything

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 02:53 PM
ls

Thanks for the tips, especially aaahotels.com. I'll check that out. If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.