Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rome-Hotel Concordia, Spanish Steps area-opinions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi folks-any opinions on Hotel Concordia by the Spanish Steps? I've looked at the Hotel Genio and it doesn't thrill me. Concordia seems to be close to stuff and transportation yet I've read that the area is busy to say the least! Pricing is OK for Rome. We're a couple in our '50s. Thank you for your responses...
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM

Just returned from a few days in Rome(and Florence and Venice). It was very hot for so early in the year, so be prepared. Our hotel was near the Spanish Steps and it gets very crowded at night, but we slept fine even with the windows open after traipsing across Rome all day!! It is pretty convenient to all the sights if you like walking and the Metro stop was very close. We did take a taxi to the Vatican so we wouldn't miss our reserved time. Hope you guys have fun!
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 07:48 PM

I personally find the Spanish Steps area to be nicely located. We stayed closeby at the Sofitel and really liked the area.
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 07:28 AM

Hello rondvurat - hope you still may be checking this board - I am looking at the ame hotel for Oct. Can you tell me how your stay was? Anyone else who has info - I would appreciate hotel guidance on where to say. We would like to be able to walk and would prefer not to be stay in the Termini area or Vatican area. Thanks for any assistance.
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 10:07 AM

Hi,

This is not any help for you, but I stayed at this hotel the first time I went to Rome, in 1965, memories. The location was fine then and I am sure OK now.

Yipper
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 10:14 AM

I've stayed there 4 times, rooms are small but location is great IMO, run by a very nice family.