Rome Hotel

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 04:52 AM
Terry

Rome Hotel

Looking for a nice hotel located near metro and major sites (200,000-300,000L) Based on other posts it looks like staying North East of the Termini is not a good idea (Dirty area) We will be walking so need something close to sites. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 04:53 AM
Terry

Forgot to add: Hotel Paba looks nice, found it on the Venere site, has anybody stayed here?

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 07:00 AM
richardab

As the poster child for the Hotel Due Torri, I must recommend it! Its quaint, friendly and comfy. The Due Torri is located near the Piazza Navona and withion walking distance to all major sights. Who could ask for more?

You can see pic os the Due Torri and more info about Rome on my websight. The sight isn't completely finished but the Rome section is.

http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/

Follow the path;

Enter>Fly>Europe>Rome

Let me know what you think.

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 06:52 PM
leslie

We just got back from Italy, and while we were in Rome we stayed at the Hotel Parlamento - great location near the Trevi Fountain/Spanish Steps, and close to Piazza Navona. We walked everywhere from there, including St. Peter's and the Forum (longer walks, but not too far). The views and the outside of the hotel are nothing to see, but our room was more than adequate (for 200,000L)and the staff was extremely helpful. I don't think they have a website, but I found them in a Fodor's book, and their info. is on www.venere.it.

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 01:14 PM
Sandy

I would highly recommend the Hotel Julia at 200,000/night for two people in November. I have stayed there twice before and will be returning. It has recently been remodeled with big beautiful bathrooms. It is a 1-2 minute walk (around the corner) from the Barberini metro stop. It is within walking distance of the Spanish steps, trevi fountain, etc. I felt very safe walking at night, because it tends to be near the really high end hotels and Via Veneto, but on a side street so that you have quiet when you want to sleep. (important in a city with all those cars and vespas) Plus, the staff has always been fabulous. (Like they are really happy to have me as a guest). they have a website and email address through which you can make reservations.
Basically the rooms really do look the way they do on the website. Enjoy your trip. Sandy

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 12:21 PM
Terry

Thanks to all of the above responders. We have decided on either the Due Torri or the Domus Julia B&B. Both look nice. The Due Torri is quite a bit more than the Domus Julia but does have what we think to be a better location for a couple who plan to walk or tube to all the sites

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 01:17 PM
Jenna

I stayed at Hotel Paba in June. The hotel is located close to the Coliseum, the Forum, Metro stop and Internet Cafe. We really liked it. We were on a budget and feel like we got more than our money's worth at Hotel Paba compared to other places we stayed in Italy. The hotel owners were very nice and helpful to me and my sister who werer in Rome for the first time. We walked just about everywhere from the hotel except the Vatican, but the Metro took us right there. The The hotel looks just like the pictures on the web site. The hotel is in a building with another small hotel and offices. The hotel probably only has 10 rooms. We really enjoyed staying at small family run hotel. I highly recommend it.

I am already planning on returning to Italy for a few weeks next summer and will stay at Hotel Paba again.