Search

Rome Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Hotel

I booked a last minute three week trip to Italy leaving on September 14. Traveling alone. Week one is Rome, and guess what? No hotel reservations as of yet. I read many posts and checked out many hotels (Hotel Hassler, albergo cesari, Il Palazzetto, Westin Excelsior, Ponte Sisto, Albergo del Senato, Santa Chiara, Del Senato, Sofitel, Hotel Lancelot, Hotel Sant' Anselmo...ALL BOOKED...Yikes, I'm in trouble. Can anyone recommend any other hotels, in a safe area (e.g. Piazza Navona) where it will be easy to walk around and get back to hotel safely at night...and very easy proximity to coffee, shops, etc.

If I were traveling with someone else, I would definitely go the apartment route...but since this is first trip to Rome, and I need a little padding (if you know what I mean). Thanks.

(Week two and three I meet with friends and go to Sicily for a week, and a week in beautiful Isckia.)

Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 09:43 PM

Try venere.com put in your dates and they will show what is available and you can check by area.

Tom

www.pbase.com/trsw
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:08 AM

Try Residenza Canali (www.residenzacanali.com). It's not as well known but it's a wonderful little hotel in a fabulous location, about 100 yards from Piazza Navona. I was just there with my mom in June and loved it.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:18 AM

Hi

As mentioned...try venere.com . You can also check http://www.hotwire.com to see if they have any offers.

My wife and I stayed at a hotel called Bettoja Hotel Nord Nuova when we went to Rome in 2005. I have posted a trip report with pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/rome_italy.htm and there you will also find a review of the hotel. Good luck with finding a hotel and have a GREAT trip

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 08:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You've started two threads on the same subject. Click on your name (highlighted in blue) to jump to the other thread.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 09:48 AM

It looks like you are able to afford high end hotels so I found availability for Sept. 15th, either five or six nights' stay, at both Grand Hotel de La Minerve which is right next to Piazza Navona and the Marriott Grand Hotel Flora by Via Veneto further than your desired location, but they do have room at least.

http://www.grandhoteldelaminerve.com...mp;nomeFoto=11

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...d-hotel-flora/
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your responses.

I went on bookingbuddy.com, entered my info and clicked on Kayak. Did a great job searching many sites at once:
• hotelbook.com
• cheaptickets.com
• octopustravel.com
• orbitz.com
• bestwestern.com
• venere.com
• lastminutetravel.com
• reservetravel.com
• marriott.com
• comfortinns.com
• qualityinns.com
• hilton.com
• hiltongardeninn.com
• holidayinn.com
• hiexpress.com
• intercontinental.com
• crowneplaza.com

and believe it or not, I reserved the days I needed at the Hotel Sant'Anselmo (which was not available when I went to their site directly). It's not the Piazza Navona, but looks very nice.

I am still waiting to hear from Residenza Canali, which does truly look and sound wonderful. (Hausfrau, thanks for the tip.) Hopefully, I will hear back by the morning, and then confirm one of these two places.

Thanks again everyone. (And sorry for starting two threads...my mistake...I'm new to this site.)
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM

The Sant'Anselmo does look very nice, but it is quite far in walking from the historic center, but you seem to know about that already.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Yeah, Hotel Sant Anselmo is not exactly what I want in terms of location -- everything else seems very nice -- but my fault for not taking care of this sooner. I've learned my lesson...
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM

Yes. September is high season-October also-but now you know.

It's Rome no matter the hotel's location. And the neighborhood sure looks nice.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:49 PM

have you tried casa howard? It is near the spanish steps?
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 06:46 PM

Hotel Dei Mellini.

www.hotelmellini.com
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Have you tried the San Carlo?
www.hotelsancarloroma.com
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 08:03 PM

I'd be careful of the Dei Mellini. Booking is a bit strange. Their online booking system shows rooms available, but if you email the staff to verify the same dates they tell you they have no availability.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 08:24 PM

check out acadamia near Trevi Fountain- can walk to historic area in sev minutes
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

San Carlo is booked and so is Residenza Canali...I could shoot myself!
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 08:33 AM
MaureenB

We liked the Domus Julia, which is near the Spanish Steps and Barbarini Palace. It has a sister property, the Hotel Julia, which might be better for a single traveler because the Domus is more apartment-style suites. It is reasonably priced, nicely done, includes a good breakfast buffet. The Domus even has the 24-hour hotel desk to use.

We walked to the Trevi, Pantheon, Navonna from there in about 10 minutes.

Good luck!
>-

Old Sep 4th, 2007, 08:35 AM

sicily is beautiful, bravo.
if you can find pulpetta di sarde (sardine meatballs) on a menu anywhere..i recommend.
Also try arcos bed and breakfast for rome.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 11:02 AM

ttt
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for all the advice/suggestions. Sant' Anselmo was confirmed today...so that's it!

Anyplace anyone wants me to check out while I am there? It would be my pleasure.

P.S. Again, since I'm relatively new to this, what does ttt mean? To the top?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -