Rome Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Hotel

June 18, 2004

Dear Fodor?s,

Our family just returned from a vacation in Rome in late May, 2004.

While planning the trip, we contacted via e-mail and phone many hotels listed in the guide books. From the very first phone call to Hotel Giuliana, we felt that they would be our choice. We found them to be the most informative and helpful in assisting us in planning our trip. Any e-mails we sent were answered promptly and thoroughly.

Upon our arrival we were met by Jean Santacroce, who owns the hotel with her husband, Luigi, and Antonio. Our rooms were spotless, comfortable and roomy. The bathroom was large and modern. Throughout our stay, and and often while enjoying their good breakfasts, we enjoyed talking with Johnny, Daniel, and Sandro, who helped plan our agenda for sightseeing as well as recommending restaurants, etc.

The hotel is located close to the Coliseum, but we also walked from the train station and to all of the other sights in Rome, with the exception of the Vatican. For that day, the hotel arranged a tour for us, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

We have travelled to other European countries and have never had the feeling of warmth and welcome as we did at Hotel Giuliana. When we left, we felt that we were saying goodby to dear friends. We hope to return one day and the hotel decision is already made.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:33 AM
ira

Dear rennert,

How kind of you to use your first and only post to let us know about this property.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:38 AM

And, ira, how clever of you to detect the possibility of a fraudulent post.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:41 AM

But it's okay for Ira to post about the B&B Peterson in Florence a bazillion times, since it wasn't his first post?
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:42 AM

Hmmm...maybe it's just a coincidence?
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:44 AM

One more time, Ira--at the risk of my being naive--gullible even!!-- you are not allowing for the fact that *many others* are naive and enthusiastic about what they might consider a fabulous find.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 03:14 PM

You people are too much. Take a look at the reviews on other sites (e.g., TripAdvisor.com), and you'll find many who've raved about this little hotel. I suppose to the jaded, however, that all of those could be fraudulent, too.
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 03:15 PM

Someone explain to me the big deal with this post? Are we thinking that this is the hotel's owner???
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 04:13 PM
rex

<<Are we thinking that this is the hotel's owner?>>

Or someone with an ulterior (i.e., promotional) motive.

Note that "rennert" never came back and ever posted again.

But feel free to e-mail and see what reply comes back...

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 04:26 PM

Forgive me Castleton but you can't compare Ira's long time and excellent contributions and reviews on this forum based on his own personal experiences and frequent travels with rennert's only post. Ira has always been a whealth of advices (have you seen how many postings he has given over the years? hundreds!). I find him one of the top fodorites on this forum, and I am not the only one to trust him and appreciate his posts. Ok he likes BB Peterson and suggests it every time someone is looking for a decent BB in Rome, but I do the same with my own favourite hotels in Italy (La Forcola in Venice etc...). I also agree with his more than justified doubt... rennert's post sounds a tad too praising...

Ira, keep on with your great and selfless job here in this forum, don't listen to trolls.
Batuffolina