Reload this Page >

Rome Guided Tour

Search

Rome Guided Tour

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 04:42 PM
Raymond R

Rome Guided Tour

We will be in Rome in July and would like <BR>to know of any recommendations for having <BR>a guided english speaking tour guide for <BR>the Vatican,St Peters Etc <BR>Also our hotel will pick us up at the <BR>airport for 100,000 lire.(2 people)Does that <BR>seem reasonable for a private pick-up.Thanks

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 05:59 PM
the turnip

We were very impressed with a young gentleman named Jasper who gave excellent tours at very reasonable prices. You can reach him at [email protected] <BR> <BR>Hope you have a great trip to Italy and enjoy it as much as we did. <BR> <BR>Cheers, the turnip

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 06:09 PM
Ed

LIT100,000 is about right. Taxi would run 80,000 more or less, plus a small tip. <BR> <BR>For tours in Rome if you feel you need to be guided see www.scalareale.org <BR> <BR>For contrast you might like to see why some think you can really do a first rate job of seeing Rome's sights on your own with just a little effort ahead time ... www.twenj.com/romesightsself.htm <BR> <BR>Ed

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 08:50 PM
travelman

Raymond. Try Claudio Piermarini at Via del Velodromo56. 00179 Roma,Italy.He is very nice and knows everything about Rome ,truly cool.If you let him know early, he will pick you up at the airport and drive you around.Very ,very reasonable and you can bargain. If you have questions post them here. Travelman

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 09:09 PM
Holly

Travelman: Does Claudio have an e-mail address?

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 03:11 AM
xxx

Travelman = Raymond <BR>Be aware

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 03:13 AM
xxx

Sorry Raymond!! <BR>Travelman=Claudio <BR>Read his post carefully

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 05:09 AM
Doug Weller

We used Daniella Hunt, [email protected] <BR>http://village.flashnet.it/users/fn025316/tours.shtml <BR> <BR>She was excellent and very reasonably priced. We'd certainly use her again. (We did an underground tour of San Clemente and Nero's Golden Palace with her). <BR> <BR>Doug

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 04:24 PM
travelman

Sorry guys Trevelman=Travelman. Strange days indeed. TO HOLLY.No e-mail adress but I have his phone number.If you want it just post here. Travelman

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:46 PM
sally

only did one organized tour in rome. it was called rome at night or something like that. enjoyed it very much. <BR> <BR>oops, i forgot, also at the forum hooked up with a group that was being lead by a young american student (i guess). it was free and very enjoyable. i was told that you find those alot at the forum.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 07:54 PM
Holly

Travelman: Yes, why don't you post his phone number here. Please post it exactly as I'll need to dial from Venice. By the way, what's your idea of "very reasonable" for an afternoon tour? (I'm looking into several options.) Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 10:06 PM
Travelman

Holly.Here it goes home #06-7843240 cell.#0347-6617127.As an exemple, he drove us to catacombes and back with many stops in between (no rush) about 50US.Much less for Forum or anything else.Nice guy ,good info.Have fun.T

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 10:43 PM
Holly

Travelman: Thank you so much! You've been very helpful!