Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rome - FCO to Hotel train or car service?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arriving in Rome FCO 2:00 PM on a Wednesday and need to get to hotel in Piazza Navona. There are four of us. Is it best to get a car service to pick us up (and if yes, who
do you recomend?) OR do we take the shuttle train to Termini and then get a cab to the hotel?

Does anyone know the cost of a car service vs. the cost of the train and cab for four to the Piazza Navona area?

Thanks!!!
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:26 PM

a suggestion for you... if you type in the (search box above) - rome limo, then hit the find button, you will find a ton of info on this very question.

i always use a car service to and from fco, this works best for me.

have fun!

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

ecat-
I just did and in fact I did find out everything I needed to know. I didn't think I could find all the info (cost of train, cost of taxi, my hotel location, limo service suggestions, etc.) in one posting so I decided to post my own message. But, I typed too soon!

It appears that the limo service would be cheaper and certainly much easier than the train/cab option.

I did read a post about faxing credit card info rather than emailing. I have emailed my credit card info to all hotels to confirm reservations. I never thought about a problem. Has anyone experienced trouble?

Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 02:48 AM

Following a suggestion I received from others on this board, when I e-mail my credit card information, I do it in two e-mails -- the first one, the first 12 digits, and the second one, the last 4 digits and expiration date. I usually do this on non-secure hotel/B&B sites
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 03:56 AM
Original Poster

Budman-
Thanks for that smart advice. So many things to worry about! I hope I don't run into any trouble at this point.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:48 AM

I have to say that taking the train from FCO to Termini was a piece of cake and inexpensive. Although if their are 4 of you a limo might not be much more, costwise. I guess you have to compare the costs. The train was 9 euro pp, then a cab from Termini to Navona will be about 7 euro.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:56 PM

Just came back from Italy - I had reserved a van thru Airport Connection to pick us up at FCO. We were four adults with 4 suitcases and 4 carry-ons. It was great having someone wait for us and bring us to our hotel by the Pantheon. Cost was 52.00 euros which we paid when we got to our hotel. Their site is www.airportconnection.it. Good luck and have a great trip.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:58 PM

we reserved a car through our hotel and I am glad we did. We flew from SFO to Rome via London. Fourteen hours of travel did not bode well for navigating the train. I must say before this trip I had never had a driver waiting with our name in hand.I felt like a cross between a retiree from Florida and someone unaccostumed to crowds but the car thing worked splendidly!