Rome During Easter

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 08:46 AM
James

Rome During Easter

Our current itinerary has us in Rome from 3/31 thru 4/3; then on to Sorrento for a couple of days. This of course means we will be in Rome on Easter Sunday. My question for you is -- would you avoid Rome on Easter week-end? Are a lot of things closed on Easter Sunday.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 09:56 AM
rb

We were in Rome last year during Easter. We had a wonderful day at the Borghese Gardens with our daughter. We rented a tram (large covered bike) and rode all over the park. The zoo was also open and I believe the Borghese Museum. Restaurants were open and gellaterias- I don't remember if many stores were open. It was a marvelous day- the Trevi fountain was packed with people. Enjoy it, don't avoid it.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 11:02 AM
xxx

ttt

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 06:44 PM
christina

What about the other way around? We will be in Capri and the Amalfi coast on Easter weekend. Anybody have any insights on potential pitfalls? Will restaurants and public transportation be available? Thanks!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 05:39 PM
fred

EASTER IN ROME-ITALY IS ON VACATION-ALL THE BETTER.ROADS ARE CLOSED OFF AROUND THE COLL OSEUMM-ALL THE BETTER.SHOPPI NGS YOU WON'T NOTICE-RE:MONDAY IS A HOLIDAY ALSO.MASS AT ST. PETERS BE THERE BY 9AM OR EARLIER FOR CHAIR AND GREAT VIEWING-FOR NON CATHOLICS-NO PROBLEM-WHEN IN ROME!loved easter in rome-WHERE ELSE!!!!!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 11:06 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 10:28 AM
chay hobson

I'm a tour guide and live in Rome and would say definitly come at easter, right now there are many protests against the government so quite often main monuments are closed, but they have refused permission for any protests or strikes over the easter period! if you have any more questions contact me on [email protected] or call me on (+39)3332719596. hope you enjoy your stay here