Rome Apartment Recommendations

Old Aug 25th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Apartment Recommendations

We are looking to go to Rome the last week of April and have done some research on apartment rentals and seem to have narrowed the choices down to 4 offered by Sleep in Italy and would appreciate any feedback from those who may have stayed there or any other apartments in or near the Historic Center.
1. an apartment in Palazzo Massimo on Corso Vittorio (150E). 2. an apartment called the Coronari Suite, located on via Coronari (120E) 3. An apartment on Via Giulia Fountain (campo dei Foori)(110E) and 4 an apartment in Largo Santa Cristina di Svezia in the Trastevere area(100E).
Hotels in Rome have just gotten too expensive for a week long stay. Thanks for any assistance or suggestions you might have.
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 07:22 AM

I had a look at the website and all of them look fabulous and very well located! I would go for the apartment in via G. Fountain.
I know Casa Lavinia B, rented through summerinitaly.com by some friends of mine a couple of years ago. It might be a bit cheaper and very central, too.

Hope it helps!
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 07:29 AM

We stayed in the Largo Santa Cristina di Svezia apartment this part March. We liked it. It wasn't fancy or large, but we liked the location and it was comfortable and clean. It was located on a back street next to the entrance of a police barracks, across from the botanical garden. Most of the time it was quiet, but there was traffic, motor and foot from the barracks. We didn't mind this. It was actually kind of interesting; buses, motorcycles and cars full of the Italian police coming and going. People walking by the large windows could almost peer in, but the apartment was just above street level. We always felt safe. We opened the windows often and when I felt the need for more privacy, I closed the wooden shutters and left the windows open for air. The botanical garden was a nice touch. We went into the garden (there is a fee)and were almost the only ones there. It was quite nice. Right above the gardens and apartment is the statue of anita garibaldi overlooking the city.

The apartment itself had wood floors and was fairly airy and moderately bright. You entered into a hallway which led to a kitchenette. This was plenty of kitchen for our needs. It had a stovetop, microwave, refrigerator and small italian espresso maker, not electric. The microwave also toasted and broiled.

There is a living room overlooking the street, with a couch, chair, shelves and coffee table and small dining table. The bedroom is off the hall, as is the living room. The bedroom was a decent size with a fairly comfortable bed and the bathroom off the bedroom was clean, a good size, only had a stall shower, which was fine. The water was hot.

We were met by a young man who spoke good english. He was waiting in the back entrance for us and the sleepinitaly people had instructed us to go in the front of the builidng. We eventually found one another.

I would recommend the apartment and if in Rome would stay there again.

The
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks opadog. I've found three more recommendations for the Lago Santa Cristina di Svezia apartment and have sent off a request for prebooking information. If this does not work out then, I'll try for the Via Giluia Fountain. Thanks to you and valeria_82 for the recommendations.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 09:27 PM

I don't know those specific apartments but we used Sleep in Italy this summer and were extremely pleased...everything went smoothly. I would recommend staying near Campo De Fiori--it's a great area and near everything.