Reload this Page >

Rome & Sorrento- d'Inghilterra and Tramontano Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:48 AM
vincent

Any rants or raves on these two hotels? d"inghilterra in Rome and the Tramontano in Sorrento. Thanks!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Joanne

Vincent: I'm not familiar with the hotel in Rome.<BR><BR>We stay at the Bellevue Syrene in Sorrento and the Tramontano is just across the way. We did visit the hotel one evening and picked up some brochures. The public rooms and grounds are very nice, and it is cliffside overlooking the Bay of Naples. The location is good with easy walking distances to the Circumvesuviana Station, Piazza Tasso, shopping, restaurants, etc.<BR><BR>Incidentally, apparently the poet Tasso (his statue is in Piazza Tasso) was born in a house which is now incorporated into the hotel. Though he lived most of his life elsewhere in Italy, Sorrento seems quite proud of him.<BR><BR>We love Sorrento and know you will enjoy your stay there. If I can help further, don't hesitate to e-mail.<BR><BR>j

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Jianko

When I was at roma, i stayed at the De La ville Intercontinental (perfect situation on top of the spanish steps).<BR>I saw the Inghilterra, located on the shopping/fashion area down the spanish steps, from outside looks very nice and expensive, you'll find info here : http://www.thecharminghotels.com/inghilterra/html/hpita.htm<BR><BR>About Sorrento, the "must stay" is definitly the Grand hotel Excelsior Victoria www.exvitt.it ; or the Bellevue Syrene more infos here : www.sorrentopalace.it . I Never heard about the Tramontano ??

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 01:08 PM
barbara

My husband and I stayed at d'inghilterra in Rome for five nights about 3 years ago and loved it. It was a beautiful, first rate hotel in a wonderful and convenient location. Be careful because the rooms vary quite a bit, particularly as to size (and some locations can be noisy if you have one that, if you leave the windows open, can hear the sounds of the nearby Spanish Steps). Our first night we arrived very late and had a very tiny room. We complained immediately and loudly, and the next day were moved to an enormous fabulous room. A wonderful buffet breakfast was included with the room. A truly top notch hotel. An example - when we arrived the handle of our suitcase broke. We simply gave it to the front desk, and it was returned the next day (actually waiting in our room) completely repaired. Highly recommended.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 04:22 PM
jan

Stayed in the Tramontano in '97. Very old but quaint and nothing to complain about. Elegant in an historic way. They gave everyone in our party (went with family) a print of the hotel in olden days, quite lovely. Good location, and a terrace view of the bay. I would recommend it.<BR><BR>It was visited in younger days by some of the literati amongst others. Quite a history.