Reload this Page >

Italy or Netherlands?

Search

Italy or Netherlands?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 09:05 AM
Lauren

Italy or Netherlands?

Which trip would you suggest?<BR>I need ideas...<BR><BR>Italy #1 - Rome; Amalfi Coast and across to Vasto (in Abruzzi where I have family)<BR><BR>Italy #2 - Venice; Cinque Terra and down the coast to Vasto<BR><BR>Or...<BR>Belgium/Netherlands (Bruge, looking at tulips, etc.)<BR><BR>We will have a little over a week, travelling in either April or May and we really really need a vacation!!!<BR><BR><BR>

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 09:14 AM
Leslie

All sound like excellent choices, but because of the Floriade in The Netherlands this year, I would do the Brugge, Ghent, Brussels, Amsterdam trip. If you get a chance also go to Haarlem and Delft. You'll be in time for the Floriade and Keukenhoff Gardens. Take the Thalys TGV from Brussels to Amsterdam, on part of the journey, the tracks run through tulip beds.<BR><BR>Book early, I'm hearing that hotels are booking up.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 10:31 AM
Todd

Lauren, it's a tough question you ask. It's like saying, "should we go to Tahiti or Alaska?" Both are great trips, but at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Depends when you are going, and what you like to do. You can't lose with either. Maybe I can help if you can be more specific?

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Lauren

Thanks for the advice, Leslie. I am looking into Brussels/Brugge/Ghent etc. Now if I can only find a decent air-fare! I was doing some research on Belgium and found some very interesting places I would like to see. Do you have any suggestions? I would really love food suggestions also! I love a good meal.<BR><BR>My main concern is the weather. Any idea as to what the weather would be there in April/May?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Betsy

Check Auto Europe for your airfare (www.autoeurope.com). I saw some great fares on their site that extend through June.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Greg

Went there twice in early April. The weather was fine since it's early spring. <BR>After Brugge, I would add Ghent for a cozy smalltown atmosphere(not as crowded & touristy as Brugge)with a winding canal & castle in the middle of town. Antwerp for its rich historical Flemish squares & churches. If you have more time, venture southeast to Dinant for the dramatic rocky setting, there are some very nice countryside as you head toward Luxembourg.