Reload this Page >

Rome Airport to Piazza Navona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 10:49 AM
kathyG

What is the best way to travel from the international arrivals area to Piazza Navona? What are the approx. costs of each option?

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 12:21 PM
CB

I have the same question. We're staying at Hotel Due Torri (which I believe is near Piazza Navona). I would be interested in the approx. cost of a taxi cab. After a long plane trip I think I'll want to the most direct means of transportation. <BR> <BR>Anyone have info? Thanks!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Andi

Sorry, this isn't information, just an echo of your request. I will be staying near the Piazza del Popolo, not too terribly far from Navona, I think, and want to get there the quickest way possible from the airport. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 12:50 PM
pam

May I suggest a search of this forum? This matter has been discussed at length several times. Briefly, the options are: 1) taxi from the airport to your hotel; 2) rental car from the airport to your hotel; 3)train from airport to Termini; then taxi, walking or metro to your hotel (Both Pza Navona and Pza. del Popolo are long walks from Termini.); 4) arranging in advance with your hotel to be picked up at the airport. Taxis to/from airport to historical center are about $40 US; train between Termini and airport is 17000 lire (or was in March); taxi to/from Termini to either of above piazze should be $6 to $8 US. I have zero experience with driving/renting cars in Rome and would vehemently discourage it.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Ed

You can take the train, a bus and walk, or train and cab, and you'll save a few dollars, certainly. <BR> <BR>For us, after a transatlantic flight, a cab is the right choice. The cost to most anywhere in central Rome should run 75,000 to 90,000 lire. <BR> <BR>You can also take a shuttle arranged through the hotel desk in the arrivals area. The posted cost on the website puts the cost somewhat below a taxi, though reports of prices offered on the spot are lower still. <BR> <BR>Full details on options at www.twenj.com/rometwob.htm

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Andy

Kathy- we took a car service- they pick you up just outside of customs in the airport-speak english-a/c mercedes-very prompt and reasonable- <BR>write to:[email protected] and send to attention of Andrea- <BR>It cost us 50,000 lire one way from airport to hotel-ie.25USD

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 09:04 AM
kathyG

Thank all of you so much for your suggestions. They limo servi sounds very reasonble. I will check into it. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 03:11 AM
Bob

Yes, Kathy. I agree with the above post. <BR> <BR>Use limoservicerome. I used them at the end of May. You can't beat the price & service. <BR> <BR>Bob