Rome Airport Customs

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Airport Customs

Can anyone give me an idea of how much time customs/arrival at the airport in Rome has taken lately (May/June '04)? We've booked LimoServiceRome ground transportation from the airport to the hotel. I want to give the driver a pick up time and need to know how much time after our flight gets in to tell him meet us. Thanks.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 10:26 PM

Nearly everywhere in Europe is quicker than the US or Australia. I am quite sure if you let them know your flight details they will know exactly when to turn up. have a nice holiday.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 10:26 PM

All you have to do is give them your flight and they will do the rest. They keep in touch to see when the plane will arrive and then give you the time to get your bags and go through customs.

Don't worry, that is the best part about having a driver waiting, they do it all!
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 10:30 PM

Try to pick up an Italian SIM card right away for your cell phone; That way you can call your limo or hotel easily. Just remember, if you are from the US, you have to dial 412 instead of 411. Most operatios do not spoeak english, but they understook me when I spoke Spanish...funny, but spanish does seem closer to Italian...
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 11:59 PM

If you are arriving on an international flight from in the morning between about 7 - 9 am, you will be arriving with at least 8 other international flights, not to mention intra-European flights. There is often a long line at immigration, which moves, but slowly. It can take up to 30 minutes or longer to get your baggage. As mentioned above, if you are having a car meet you, they will be aware if your flight is delayed and they also have an idea of normal immigration and baggage claim time, so I would not worry about that. Just tell him to meet you in the main arrival hall where the custom exit doors are located. He can figure the timing on his own.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 01:18 AM

Don't worry about it. Limoservicerome has your flight number and verifies arrival time and allows for I&C.They'll be waiting with a sign right outside of Customs as you exit.

This is another reason I like to have Euros in hand, with the driver and car waiting , I don't want to have to look for and wait for an ATM.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 05:05 AM

JOdy, I couldn't agree more! And limoservicerome drivers are experienced enough to know it's going to take a little while to clear customs and collect your luggage, which they know will take a bit. I've never had a problem hooking up with one of their drivers, as they're always waiting with the placard with my name on it.

BC
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 05:20 AM

Don't worry, LimoServiceRome knows the drill.

We actually just got back yesterday from Rome, and the security at the airport was pretty intense for our return flight.

We arrived on a Sunday morning with Euros in hand for our apartment rental and the limo, which was key because the ATM was not working.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 05:43 AM

jody,

The few times I've used a personal car pick-up, I would always tell the driver that I don't have any local currency. Every time the driver would show me an ATM machine that never had any lines. They seem to know which ATM is the best for this situation. I assume they have to do this with many others. Once we just stopped at a location just outside the airport.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 05:55 AM

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer to "Be prepared" for contingencies like lines and broken machines