Search

Romantic Road

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 05:34 PM
John

Romantic Road

Hi everyone, <BR> <BR>I just read in Let's Go 2000 that the Romantice Road Europa Bus Tour runs only North to South from Frankfurt to Munich, NOT also south to north. Does anyone know if this is true???? In older guide books I have read that one bus a day was available in each direction. If anyone has any recent experience with this please let me know. <BR> <BR>If the bus isn't available from Munich, we would like to see some of the sites by train instead. Obviously Rothenberg would be a stop. Does anyone recommend one or more other stops along the way? <BR> <BR>Thanks for your assistance. <BR>

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 08:44 PM
elle

hi John, when are you touring the Romantic Road? I think there's no bus services during the winter season. Could someone correct me if I am wrong? Do you think if there's any guided tours during the winter season?

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 11:59 PM
Eli

John, another town which caught my eye was Landsberg am Lech. It is definitely beautiful. In 1923 Hitler was imprisoned in the town's prison after his failed putsch in Munich. I do think that if one has been destined to be imprisoned, Landsberg is indeed the place to be... <BR>There are many more quaint medival towns along the route, but if you squeeze too many into your intinarary you'll end up not knowing where you really are at a given moment.

Old Dec 30th, 1999, 02:16 PM
John

Thanks for the replies so far. We won't be in Europe until May, so I think the buses will be running. The question is, do they run in both directions? If not, we will go by rail, stopping in Rothenberg and perhaps one or two others places that anyone may suggest. <BR>

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 01:53 PM
M & J

Hi, John: we were in Rothenburg and the Rhine River area in November, rented a car and had a blast. In Rothenburg, go on the Night Watchman Tour, and spend atleast one night in the town.