Romantic restaurant in Paris

Old Aug 6th, 1997, 04:58 AM
Linda Bernal

Romantic restaurant in Paris

We will be travelling to Paris in September and I am looking for a very pretty romantic restaurant in Paris with a French ambience. I have been considering Le Grand Vefour based on what I have read in travel magazines but it is very expensive ($200/person). Any suggestions? It would be so helpful. Thanks!

Old Aug 6th, 1997, 03:18 PM
Donna

My husband and I love fine dining in romantic restaurants. Any three star Michelin restaurant would be an experience. But, if you'd prefer a dinner tab less than your hotel bill, try Vagenende (gorgeous Belle Epoque interior) on Blvd St. Germain. Or, La Fermette Marboef (spectacular Art Nouveau interior) around the corner from Pont de l'Alma. There are lots and lots of others. The Knoft Guide to Paris Restaurants is very comprehensive and has wonderful photographs. All the restaurants are organized by neighborhood. For food ratings, Egon Ronay's Guide to Paris and Gayot's Best of Paris are excellent resources. There are some wonderful websites also. If you e-mail me, I'll send them to you.

Old Aug 6th, 1997, 05:10 PM
Sharon O'Leary

Ten years ago my husband went to a small family-owned restaurant call ____ Duex Cunards (2 ducks) We liked it so much we went back 2 nights while we were in Paris. I don't know if it is still there, but we will never forget it.

Old Aug 9th, 1997, 12:34 PM
Donna

AUX DEUX CANARDS receives terrific reviews in all my tour guides, especially Egon Ronay's where it is listed as a special favorite. Since you enjoyed it enough to return twice during the same trip and still remember it after ten years, it's on my list of places not to miss on our second trip to Paris next May. For anyone interested, address is 8 rue du Faubourg Poissonniere (tel 47 70 03 23) one block from the Bonne Nouvelle metro stop.

Old Aug 11th, 1997, 06:22 PM
suzanne

For pretty romantic restaurants that don't break the budget (average $25 per person for dinner) wander the streets of ile st-Louis. It is the essense of Paris. There are so many lovely restaurants you will have trouble deciding. They all post their menus, so you can check out the menu items and price before you go in. Bon appetit! you dont need reservations.

Old Aug 15th, 1997, 01:03 PM
Jennifer W.

Anyone familiar with Lassarre Restaurant? I heard that it is comparable to Boulez in N.Y. Is it romantic too - I 'm considering it for a First anniversary dinner in September. Any suggestions?