Reload this Page >

Romantic Paris Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Dave

Can anyone recommend a nice romantic French restaurant in Paris for an anniversary dinner? My wife and I are staying in the 6th; however, I am open to any location. In addition, since this is a special dinner, price is not much of an issue. Thanks.

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 04:58 PM
Julie

Le Grand Vefour is the quintessential romantic Parisian dining experience and a three Michelin star restaurant into the bargain. It's in the arcades of the Palais Royale. If price really is no object, this is the place. You'll remember it forever.

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 07:10 PM
Rex

I have cited this place before, but it remains one of the true dream dinner destinations in France for me - - the Chateau d'Esclimont in St. Symphorien. Yes, it's not IN Paris - - about 50 minutes outside, in the general direction of Versailles. If you really have splurging in mind, they do have a heliport, by the way.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 03:42 PM
bill

My wife and I have been to Paris several times and have eaten in many very romantic restaurants. Last year a Parisien friend introduced us to Au Pressoir, a quintessential French restaurant in the 12th arrondissement. It has a very romantic decor, but most of the warmth comes from the Seguins, the husband-and-wife chef and hostess combination. The food was remarkable, earning two toques from Gault-Millau and high ratings from Zagat also. It is the type of place you will want to return to every time you come to Paris. It's a little off the beaten path so it avoids the tourist crowd, but the locals know and appreciate it, so reserve well in advance. Enjoy!

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 06:07 PM
Andy

Through my neighbor's recommendation, we went to the Grande Venise. It is off the beaten path in the 4th, I believe. To this day, it is the best meal we have ever had.