Reload this Page >

Romantic Honeymoon

Search

Romantic Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Lorraine

Romantic Honeymoon

Looking for a romantic honeymoon spot in Italy for September. I'd like it to be romantic, luxurious, relaxing etc. But close enough incase we'd like to do some touristy things. any recommedations- positive or negative are welcome.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Jeanine

We honeymooned in Venice last September. We stayed on the Lagoon Island of Lido, a complimentary water taxi ride from Venice proper. The hotel we stayed in was the Hotel des Bains where the main season runs from June to Sept. Lido is a seaside resort island where you can rent cabanas or sit in chairs on the beach or taxi to Venice for the sites. best part of the hotel is that it belongs to a family of hotels that you may charge meals & drinks to your room while visiting them on Venice. Great memories, have fun!

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 09:47 AM
Book Chick

Lorraine, <BR>Congratulations! <BR> <BR>I would stay in Venice proper. It's a great honeymoon location, and can personally vouch for Locanda Sturion. <BR> <BR>If you can split the trip, try Fiesole, close enough to Florence to ride in by bus (5 minutes), but very scenic & romantic. <BR> <BR>Best Wishes, <BR>BC

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 10:28 AM
Rex

We took our honeymoon in 1976, and I don't know if we were "ready" then for something as wonderful as Lake Como (Bellagio, Villa d'Este, Villa Balbianello). What will it leave you to look forward to? <BR> <BR <BR> <BR>Best wishes on your new life in marriage together... <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>www.rexbickers.italy.com <BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Lori

I just posted about our trip to Florence/Rome. We also were on a honeymoon and found the outskirts of Florence to be incredibly romantic. See my post.