Roma Pass-Update

Search

Roma Pass-Update

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roma Pass-Update

Well, we just returned from 2 weeks in Italy and are already planning our return trip! It was an amazing trip and I will be posting a review with pictures very soon.
I know some people, including myself, were asking about the Roma Pass. We bought it and were so glad we did! What a great value! First things first, it DOES include the Colosseum and the Galleria Borghese (though you do still need a reservation for the Borghese). It costs 18 euro per person, so right there it pays for itself! Not to mention it also includes a 3-day transportation pass that makes it so convenient. You simply use the same card for the metro and buses for the 3 days. No need to buy a ticket every time you want to ride the metro or bus! The packet also includes an excellant map of Rome that we used the entire time we were there. I highly recommend it, especially if you plan on visiting the Colosseum and Galleria Borghese. Let me know if you have any further questions
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 06:24 AM

We bought the Roma Pass as well since it was only 7 Euro more than the entrance fee to the Palatine Hill and we figured we'd spend at least that on transportation anyways.

No one ever validated our pass or even checked it and the one person we showed it to didn't know what it was but let us in the Capitoline anyways. We had to jump the turnstile at the Palantine because no one was there to let us in and we couldn't figure out a way to scan the card through it.

We pretty much despise Rome's public transportation system but we used the metro quite a bit since it was next to our flat and a couple of buses so we got our money out of it. Well worth it if you're planning to see any of the historical sites and the map is very good as well.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 06:49 AM

where did you buy it?
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:07 AM

I noticed that at the Castle Sant Angelo, it had a sign saying that with the Roma Pass, the reduced rate was 4.50 and the free rate was 2 euro!
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:19 AM

Sorry, I'm totally confused. How does something that is "free" COST 2 Euro?
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:20 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
http://www.romapass.it/index_en.html
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:28 AM
MaureenB

Thanks for clarifying re: the pass, AmiLynn. We were in Rome in early May, and the pass is so new that our hotel didn't know of it. But I looked for it and found a brochure at the Barberini Palace.
We didn't buy the Roma Pass, because we only had two full days, so only had time for one day at the Vatican and another day at the Colosseum/Forum, and we weren't using the metro/bus. It didn't make sense for us, but it would have if we'd had more time to see more sights.
I think by now maybe more hotels know about it. People should be able to find it at tourist venues more easily now.

Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:31 AM

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny that the "free" admission was 2 euro. The Roma Pass is new and all the places listed on it are trying to figure it out. I guess this place decided its own rules. Who knows if the Roma Pass Police will come around and make them let passholders in for free, or whether every site will get by with making their own rules.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:44 AM

Thanks for the first-hand report on the pass.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 12:36 PM

AmiLynn, where did you buy the pass in Rome? How readily is it available?
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

We bought our Roma Pass at the Train Station in Rome at Track 24 (if memory serves me correctly). There's an office right there that has "Rome Pass" signs plastered all over it...can't miss it. The Colosseum actually had a "line" specifically for "Rome Pass" holders!! It was great, no one was in that line so we walked right through. The website http://www.romapass.it/index_en.html lists specifically where you can purchase the Roma Pass from. It is very new and a lot of people had no idea what it was, but we did not encounter any problems using ours and I highly recommend it if you will be in Rome at least 3 days.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM

AmiLynn, I'm glad your first-hand experience confirmed what my Roman friend had told me, i.e., that it's a good deal!
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 05:35 PM

amilynn,
We plan on visiting the Colosseum and Galleria Borghese when in Rome this fall.
Buying the Roma pass looks like a great idea. Thanks
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 12:59 PM

Does anyone know if the Roma Pass allows you to travel on the 101 tourist bus? We are only there for one day and wanted an easy way to get around all of the major sites.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Regarding the Castel Sant Angelo 2 Eruo "free" rate - when I was at the Castel around May 20, I was told the reason there was a cost was because there were exhibits within the building at the time, and that was what the extra cost went toward. I did buy the Roma Pass while there as well, and agree that it is a great buy. A little confusing to figure out, and many people didn't know much about it being it was new, but visiting 2 sites makes up for the cost and then you have your 3 day transportation pass as well. I bought mine at Palatine Hill (no line) and after touring around there, walked right past the people in line for the Colosseum!
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 11:04 AM

Does anyone know if the Roma Pass allows you to travel on the 110 Open Top Bus Tour tourist bus? We are only there for one day and wanted an easy way to get around all of the major sites. I mistyped this bus route number earlier and wanted to see if anyone knew the answer to this question.
Thanks!
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 02:34 AM

hello in reply to whether the Roma Pass includes the 110 open top bus tours, I am going to Rome soon and have looked into this: have read in the brochure that you can get a 15% discount for this open bus tour with the Roma pass.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 07:49 AM

can you buy RomaPass online?
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 01:37 PM

am so excited to learn about this! Am heading to Rome in October for my third trip there = just can't wait!! The planning is even more fun with tips like these - grazie, y'all!!
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 09:35 AM

ttt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -