Roma Pass @ FCO?

Search

Roma Pass @ FCO?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roma Pass @ FCO?

From what I have researched, it looks like there is a kiosk that sells Roma pass at Terminal C @ FCO. Can you confirm this? We are not planning on using it right away for transportation to the hotel, but we thought that we'd just get it @ FCO while we're there. The other options that I saw would have been picking them up at the museums or the PIT... so I thought getting them @ FCO would be more convenient. Thanks.
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 10:25 AM

We are faced with the same choice and have pretty much decided to wait until we get to Rome because the chances are we will be exhausted and could forget after long flight from SF.
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Do you plan on getting yours at CFO then?
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

I meant FCO ;-)
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 12:14 PM

We have decided not to buy Roma pass while here in U.S., buy it at the airport kiosk if that seems easy to do when we get to FCO, if not wait until the next day and pick it up either in Piazza Navona or at Castel San Angelo.
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM

The Tourism Booth that sells the Roma Pass is in the arrivals area of Terminal C. The C terminal is currently under renovation (for the next 12 months!) and so you will be exiting out of Terminal B into the Terminal B arrival area.

Once you come out the frosted, sliding glass doors, turn RIGHT and follow the signs to the Train Station and Terminal C arrivals. You'll see the escalator to the train station on your LEFT as you walk... Keep going about 100 more feet and the Roma Pass is Sold at THIS tourist info booth! The booth does not open until 9 AM... so if your plane is very early this may not help.

But you can buy it at many points as described in the web link posted below. You can also buy it at a multitude of other spots NOT listed. Four separate stores in Termini sell the Roma Pass. Some metro stations (Colosseo for example) also have shops that sell the Roma Pass. So you are not limited to just what's on the website.

This links may help:

Roma Pass - http://www.roninrome.com/2009/04/27/...y-a-roma-pass/

Arriving at FCO - http://www.roninrome.com/2009/02/25/...fiumicino-fco/
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 05:35 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The kiosk is not the info booth that's located as you exit baggage claim. After you exit baggage claim, go to your right. There is a hallway with stores up a slight incline/ramp. Walk down the hallway and you will start running out of stores/businesses and the Commune di Roma booth will be on your left. It's not very far. There were no other tourists in the area when I bought mine. I think most people exit the airport right after they come out of baggage claim and never wander down the hall. There is also an atm across from them that won't be as busy as the ones by baggage claim. The transportation pass does not cover any trains from the airport to Rome, not even the local train to Trastevere.
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 11:28 AM

This link has a picture of the Commune di Roma which is just across from the "closed" entrance to the C Terminal Arrivals where you can purchase the Roma Pass. Page down to the bottom. It also has signage and pictures that will lead you to the ATM's and booths. http://www.roninrome.com/2009/06/10/...o-meet-at-fco/