Reload this Page >

River thames boat cruises?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 11:46 AM
Val

We will be in London for 2 days only and would like to take a Thames river cruise.What cruise is the best one to take on the Thames? <BR>Is there any that you can get off at different places and look around and then reboard and continue on down the river?

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 12:37 PM
kam

There are boat trips to Greenwich from Westminster Pier near Parliament which go about every hour. Also boat trips to Hampton Court palace which makes for a lovely trip. There's also a River bus service, but I don't know much about it.

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 02:16 PM
geoff

Val, <BR> <BR>My cousin lives near Greenwhich and didn't really suggest a particular company to go with. I'm under the impression they are all comprable. There are two basic routes as described, but they are pretty much single stops. I definitely suggest Greenwhich, the observatory and the Cutty Sark. You can take a train back as well.

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 02:40 PM
Lori

The Greenwich Thames boat ride is probably your best bet. With only 2 days you'd use up too much time going to Hampton Court via boat - the tides make it a very long ride. The Greenwich trip does not stop anyplace along the way, but it goes slow enough to give you a nice view of the shore and the buildings along the way.

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 03:53 PM
elvira

The river cruises are all pretty comparable; I don't know of any that are hop-on-hop-off. With only two days in London, why not take an evening cruise? Most of the museums and historical sites are closed in the evening, so an evening cruise uses your time effectively.