Ritz vs Crillon vs Meurice vs Plaza Athenee

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering what everyone's opinion of these hotels are. I haven't been to Paris in 3 years, and generally stay at the Meurice or the Ritz. I heard the Crillon (but is under construction) is excellent and that the Athenee is much better than the one in NYC. For those of you that have been recently, what do you think is the best?

PS -- I know that everyone is going to say the George V, however, I have stayed there several times and don't particularly care for the location.
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 07:56 AM

Similar question asked recently:

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...le-meurice.cfm
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 11:00 AM

You are lucky to have such a "difficult" choice! There is scaffolding outside Crillon but the public areas of the hotel are so lovely. Location right on Place Concorde is great.
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM

When given the choice I stay at the Crillon because I love the location (but I'm not one of those people looking for peace and quiet). Haven't been in more than a year so can;t comment on construction.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the responses. I think that I want to skip the Meurice this trip. Ritz or Crillon?
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Original Poster

So, we arrived in Paris and decided to do 2 nights at the Ritz and so far, a night at Le Meurice. I thought I would give a quick update. Firstly, I much prefer the location of the Ritz, in the quiet area of Place Vendome, I preferred the stuffy and very "French" attitude of the hotel. We were given a gorgeous suite adjacent to the world famous Coco Chanel Suite. The service was impeccable and the room was stunning. Last night we checked into Le Meurice and were not nearly as impressed as I am not a huge fan of Rue Rivoli, it is far too touristy and loud. We were given the Salvador Dali suite overlooking the Tuilleries and with a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower. The service here really isn't the same as that of the Ritz. The hair salon here is fabulous though, Christophe Robin, the famous colorist, has set up shop in 2 suites (very cool and personal). I think we are going to try the Crillon next and see what we think of that.