Reload this Page >

Rico Gamla Stan Hotel

Search

Rico Gamla Stan Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:19 AM
RomyNL

Rico Gamla Stan Hotel

I am planning a long w/end in Stockholm and considering the above mentioned hotel. Did anyone stay there? Would you recommend it? I know that Lady Hamilton is recommended by everyone, but it appears to be sold out for the next coming months. Maybe any other advice? Thanks.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:31 AM
Oldtimer

We found the Gamla Stan Hotel to be reasonable in cost, excellent service, top notch breakfast, immaculately clean, fine location, helpful staff. And the street is MUCH quieter than the over-touted Lady Hamilton Hotel. Our room was on an upper floor, consisted of bedroom, bath, and sitting room; it led out to a rooftop garden.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:47 AM
Helaine

we have reservations at the Rica Gamla Stan in mid August, after a cruise. We also tried for The Lady Hamilton, but it was sold out. Maybe we'll pass eachother in the hall!<BR><BR>Sounds like it will be just fine.<BR>Helaine

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:59 AM
RomyNL

Helaine, unfortunately we are going there a bit later: early autumn I guess, but would it be difficult after your stay there just to share briefly your experience? I would really appreciate that! Thanks.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:50 AM
John H

Romy,<BR><BR>One other hotel you might look at is the Hotel First Reisen Gamla Stan. <BR><BR>Happy travels.<BR><BR>John H

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:56 AM
Pris

Were there in May. It is ideally placed, charming, extraordinary breakfast. But depending on what you are used to, it may seem cramped. We had what amounted to a 2-room suite, both rooms of which were tiny and the bathroom was truly cramped (you could pretty much wash your hands without getting up from the toilet). But enjoy the view from the top floor deck. The people are exceptionally friendly. <BR><BR>I highly recommend it unless you require lots of space in the rooms.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:11 AM
Joe

Romy: Stayed there last year and enjoyed it very much. We had a charming upper floor room which was very nicely decorated and had plenty of room. It was very light with several windows overlooking the Gamla Stan Street below. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is outstanding. I would stay there again with no hesitation.