reykjavik accomodations for 3 adults

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have 3 adults traveling to iceland. budgetary constraints limit us from booking a double plus a single hotel room. as of yet cannot find accomodations that will allow 3 adults in one room, as we have been accustomed to in other parts of europe. does anyone have any recommendations for hotels and/or guest houses? thanks.
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 08:53 AM

We stayed at the Salvation Army Guesthouse. Great location in 101 Reykjavik, reasonable price. http://www.herinn.is/herinnis/Gistiheimilid/English/
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 04:52 AM
eri

Your best choice is Room with a View:
www.roomwithaview.is/index_en.php
Excellent location. right on the main shopping street.
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 05:16 AM

Just back (arrived at JFK last night)...

You can also try Sunna Guesthouse... nice clean rooms and they do have triples. Good location.
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 01:53 PM

We stayed in Guesthouse Aurora our first night in Reykjavik. It's right near the big cathedral. We didn't like it because each floor shared a bathroom, but it might work for you. We were in a room with 2 twin beds and a bunk bed, so your party would fit.
Old Oct 17th, 2007, 06:36 PM

wowwww..... room with a view is very cool! I was just in Reyjkavik for my b-day in September and I stayed at Hotel Nordica [1st time in the country, so I was going on nothing but comments & reviews - went the pkg/tours route] but now that I know a little more and will probably bring more people with me next time, these apts are perfect! thank you eri! hope robynstudio took you up your suggestion - I know *I* will and I didn't even ask!
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 11:01 AM

We are going to Iceland in May. We are going to stay at the Plaza. We will arrive at 6:30am at the airport. Is it difficult to find transportation to Reykjavik? Are there busses, should we have a cab waiting? Any advice is appreciated...thanks..Mary
Old Nov 10th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Last trip to Iceland we stayed in a triple room (room with 3 single beds and a bathroom. 2 of the beds are pushed together) at Hotel Cabin www.hotelcabin.is

Very reasonably priced and good location since we had a car - it has own parking lot.

We'd use it again as the room was clean and modern and within our budget. It is a bit of a walking distance to center but we had a car. Mind you, like most European standards, the room is a bit small for 3, but we managed okay.

By the way rosebud, most of the flights from USA arrive at Keflavik at 6-7am in the morning so there are plenty of buses from Keflavik into Reykjavik at that unholy hour of the morning!
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM

Mary [rosebuds] I hope you're still reading this! I found the shuttles a fine way to get around/ a nice way to meet other travelers too. Cabs are certainly more convenient, and simply walking was ideal for some visits. I highly recommend visiting the Blue Lagoon first if you can... TRUST ME... After having experienced it for the 1st time upon *leaving* Iceland, a *welcome* visit there would have been ideal. I'm certain many shuttles would go there first thing, so reserving one shouldn't be out of the ordinary. The fact that you're arriving so early is perfect since hotel check-in is normally later anyway. The way I see it, one's vacation in Iceland should be sandwiched in between the Blue Lagoon lol 1st thing you do/ last thing you do! Have a wonderful time...