Search

Rex

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2003, 06:28 PM
ec
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rex

I was just wondering if you are still planning to go on your trip in May? We were going to Prague &amp; a few other places about the same time as you. Can't decide what to do.<BR><BR>Sorry I don't know Rex's email address or else I would have emailed him directly. It's not as easy to do now w/ this registration situation.<BR><BR>Thanks
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 06:33 PM
rex

Yes, I am still going (we, actually - - my wife and myself and our three daughters).<BR><BR>And not to be smart-alecky, but how would it be possible to know anything about me and not know my e-mail address? I pretty much close every post here on this forum the same way.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Bootman4U

Allow me to chime in on this one...having been to Prague several times I would not ever pass up the opportunity to visit that city again..and again. Of course, if you don't like baroque architecture and adornment seeing a city which truly looks medieval in various sections then maybe better to pass it by....but I think you'd regret doing so.<BR><BR>Jon

Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:43 AM

ec: My husband and I are going to Prague, Vienna and Budapest in mid May God and the airline willing! Would never consider changing our plans because of current events.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 11:04 AM

Rex, that's true, but do you really expect us to have your email memorized?<BR><BR>I suppose a quick search would have revealed i t however.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 11:19 AM

I'm also going to Prague, Vienna and Budapest at the end of May. Hoping British Air doesn't change flight schedule.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 11:24 AM
rex

No, of course not, no expectation to memorize anything.<BR><BR>Nevertheless, the tone was too flip in light of not having extended some empathy with regard to the basic problem expressed by ec.<BR><BR>I would welcome a new thread on &quot;the problem of deciding how to deal with too much to see and do, in and around Prague&quot;. We are actually still struggling with how/where to spend nights six/seven/eight. We need 7 nights to cover what we hope to pack into three.<BR><BR>You always wish you had a retrospectoscope at the end of a trip - - to have allowed more time for the places you really liked, and to have skipped covering the miles to places that were less worth it.<BR>
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 12:11 PM
ec
Original Poster

Bootman - I REALLY want to go to Prague, but inlight of the current situation I'm not sure a couple of months down the road things will be much better.<BR><BR>Our trip also includes Germany, which IF we take the trip, will probably be replaced by visiting the lakes area of northern Italy.<BR><BR>Guess we'll wait somewhat longer to decide.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 02:02 PM

I don't mean to be unpleasant ec, but since three posters (ourselves included) are continuing with plans to visit Prague in May regardless and a fourth thought you should go, and you are now going to wait longer to decide if you are going, why did you ask? Did you hope all the advice would be to stay home?
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 01:17 PM
Bootman4U

I honestly don't see what difference the current &quot;war&quot; will make in terms of visiting Prague unless it has to do with airline schedule changes. I've actually never flown into Prague but have usually taken the train from either Budapest or Berlin. I still think you should go.

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 07:37 PM

My family is also going to Prague and Krakow in May. Yes, so far we are going. Yes, I am uneasy about it, and only because I know we Americans are not real popular in Europe right now. I guess I'm not afraid, just don't want to get in an uncomfortable situation where I'm on the defensive just because Bush and his cronies wanted a war now. And no lectures please. I have friends who have kids in Iraq. I pray for their safety. I just wish we weren't there. I know Prague and Krakow will be amazing.