I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 2 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 3 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 4 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 5 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 6 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 7 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 8 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 9 Easter Week in Italy
- 10 Moscow Hotels
- 11 Rome Hotel
- 12 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 13 Getting around Lisbon
- 14 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 15 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 18 Trains - website?
- 19 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 20 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 23 Spain in 2018
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)