Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2015, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need room for 2 Dublin travelers for 3 nights for first week of June -- location is very important, prefer to be near Trinity College & museums or historical places. From past Forum posts and checking booking.com, I have a list of possibilities and wondered if anyone could give advice. I would like to be around $150 per night but can go up to $180 for great place. (And great for me is location & convenience -- quiet is nice, too.) Jury's Christchurch, Harding Hotel, Travelogue St. Stephens, Stauntons on the Green, Drury Court Hotel, and Kildare Street Hotel is what I've come up with. I looked at Buswells but they said already booked up for my dates. Trinity College appeals to me a lot but I wondered if it would be as convenient as a hotel in check ins, etc. (Time is also important to a traveler with limited vacation.) Have gotten great advice from this forum for past trips, thanks again.
Old Nov 23rd, 2015, 03:13 PM

We stayed two nights at Trinity a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Remember that it is a university dormitory so no frills. But quiet, convenient and safe, and breakfast excellent. The students who worked check-in and -out were pleasant and helpful.
Old Nov 23rd, 2015, 03:44 PM

Jury's Christchurch and Harding are nice, also check out George Frederic Handel Hotel. We really loved Buswells. Booked already, did you go right to their hotel website? Travelodge is over by St Stephen's Green, no frills but good area.
Old Nov 23rd, 2015, 05:25 PM

Another to consider: http://www.thedawson.ie/
Old Nov 24th, 2015, 04:55 AM

We stayed at Trinity Capital Hotel which is now Trinity City Hotel in 2011. I gave them good reviews then for the fantastic way we were treated. Our luggage arrived a day late but the Hotel took special care of us. I thought the location to everything Touristy was good too. On My second trip to Dublin in 2014, I stayed at Best Western Academy on O'Connell Street. I thought it had a great location too and the airport bus stopped right out front.
Old Nov 24th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Airport bus stop is nice -- that was my concern with Trinity dorm, if as exhausted travelers we would be walking a lot with luggage.
I didn't check Buswells site, just booking.com so I can do that. Hope to make the reservation by mid-December.
Old Nov 24th, 2015, 05:22 PM

I think it is bus 747 that stops at both O'Connell street and Trinity College. It was easy and not too expensive. We took a taxi once from the hotel back to the airport and it was cheap too. I think less than 20 euros to take the 4 of us.
Old Nov 24th, 2015, 07:14 PM

There are several bus stops just outside the Trinity College gates, including the ones from the airport and the two HOHO buses
Old Nov 25th, 2015, 02:35 AM

We have stayed a number of times at Hardings . We liked it- good price - very near Christ Cathedral so the chimes are very audible - annoyed my husband but not me
Old Nov 25th, 2015, 01:40 PM

I stayed at Trinity College two years ago and found it convenient, reasonable and pleasant. The bus from the airport stopped right at the front gate. My room was not ready at 6:30 a.m. (but I didn't expect it would be). The very pleasant young people working at the check in desk told me I could leave my luggage there and where to get breakfast on the campus. When I returned about 3 o'clock, my room was ready, my luggage had been delivered there, and there was a van to take me there.

It was a single room with a tiny bathroom, but immaculately clean with a view. Shelves for my stuff, quiet, and work table.

Breakfast was included in the price. It was a buffet with porridge, cold cereals, tea or coffee, milk, juice, fresh fruits, toast, Danish, yoghurt, etc. There was an extra charge for a "cooked breakfast" of eggs, meat, etc.

I would go there again the next time I am in Dublin.