Reload this Page >

Resteraunt near Eiffel Tower?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 07:29 PM
JW

Any recommendations for a good - medium priced- resteraunt that would be good to visit after a visit to Eiffel Tower? <BR><BR>Thank you

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 07:33 PM
StCirq

The Tour Eiffel isn't all that close to anything - it's kind of in a small oasis of its own, but the rue St-Dominique is not far off (maybe a 10-minute walk for the average walker) and boasts a number of restaurants, my favorite of which is the Fontaine de Mars.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 07:52 PM
beth

There are two places at the Eiffel Tower. One Jules Verne is a nice place for lunch, it's pricey, 50 to 75 per person, but great food, and a great view and you do not need to wait on line to go up. Everyone I know who had lunched there think it is worth it. You need reservations. <BR><BR>There is a less expensive one I know nothing about, but it's supposed to be nice too.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 09:33 PM
jack

the second is altitude 95 and this forum is repleat with information. You can get away with EU40 per person which sounds lke it is suitable for your budget

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:18 AM
trying

Across the street that runs perpendicular (oh, no, spelling teacher will probably get me for that one!) to Rue St-Dominique, at the Fountaine de Mars, is/was a decent restaurant called Croq de Sol, I think (just across from the Fountaine). Also, up that perpenicular (oh, no, spelling!) street is/was Auberge du Champs de Mars, I think, which we enjoyed. Haven't been to either in probably 3 years, though. Sorry for the lack of specificity, and my spelling (doesn't a spelling teacher have something else -- like a life -- to do than correct anonymous posters' spelling problems??).

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:32 AM
Robert

If I am not mistaken, "Au Bon Accueil" is within walking distance to the tower. The food is excellent and not expensive.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:39 AM
Sally

You can sit at a table outside Au Bon Accueil and have a beautiful view of the tower. The food is very good there and not expensive.It is just a couple of blocks away from the tower. Look up restaurants on a Paris web site to get the address- actually, search here on Fodor's- that's where I got it in the first place.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:40 AM
Rue Cler

We were on foot and headed back towards the arc de triomphe, after the eiffel tower. RUE CLER (street name in the 7th) has a number of nice sidewalk style cafes (maybe a 15 mins. walk, I don't remember exactly).

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:34 PM
Rex

The often-cited Thoumieux is within reasonable walking distance of the TE, though you certainly can't see the full height of it from the restaurant. you can see the top, of course, but you can see the top from almost anywhere.<BR><BR>Anyhow, I would rate it clearly above average - - slightly above medium priced also - but not too much so.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:53 PM
lze

Hi,Did anyone consider the spelling error could be a typo? Stuff happens you know. <BR><BR>As for a good place to eat I am sure there are many. We did enjoy Jules Verne while there. It is a bit pricy. Not to awful if you don't order the wine to go with your lunch. Lunch of course is cheaper than dinner. Also, we called at the last minute and got in without a reservation. I might imagine it possible now as the height of the tourist season is over. We got in right before the end of their lunch period. And we were not dressed up really fancy. Fantastic view, worth going! splurge a little

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:06 PM
topping

up, for JW<BR>

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:43 PM
Raisa

Within walking distance of the eiffel tower is le P'tit Troquet. Le Menu here will run you about Euro's not including wine per person (3 courses).<BR>Look on Zagat.com for the address. If you don't mind taking the metro 1 or 2 stops or taking a longer walk try L'Os Moelle or Le Troquet. Both are excellant! Again look on Zagat.com for addresses or do a Web Search. Bon appetit!

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:50 PM
Betsy

Here's another vote for the P'tit Troquet. Have recommended it to several friends and they all loved it. You could stop in on your way over to La Tour Eiffel to make your reservation. <BR><BR>Bon Appetit

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Sam

There is a small place just one street to the east of Rue Cler (sorry forget the street name) called Leo le Lion that was quite good. However, I read that it had changed owners so I can not vouch for present quality. It was very nice two years ago and the food was excellent. Nice small place with reasonable prices for the quanity and quality of the food.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:10 AM
lynn

We just returned from Paris. Stayed on the Rue Cler, with a view of the Tour Eiffel from our room. <BR><BR>We enjoyed our dinner at Le Bosquet, 46 ave. Bosquet, just a short walk from the tower, near the intersection of Ave. Bosquet and Rue de Grenelle or Rue St.-Dominique.