Restaurants in Riomaggiore/ Cinque Terre

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:12 AM
mike

Restaurants in Riomaggiore/ Cinque Terre

Any suggestions?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:34 AM
meg

Can't help with Riomaggiore, but best food we had in Cinque Terre last year was at Ristorante Miky in Monterossa. We're still talking about the fried sardines - better than french fries. We had a great waiter who helped us order. Everyone's food looked great. If only we had discovered it before our last night there! www.ristorantemiky.it<BR><BR>Enjoy.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 12:53 PM
ellen

FYI, Riomaggiore is one of the five Cinque Terre towns -it's not a separate town from CT.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 01:43 PM
meg

I know that Riomaggiore is one of the five towns that comprise the "Cinque Terre." However, if you've ever been there, you know that it is not as easy to get from town to town as is implied by the guide books. I especially would not like to have dinner at one end of the Cinque Terre and have to get back to my hotel at the other end.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 09:09 AM
mike

Ellen, <BR>I know, but I thought someone might have a recommendation in one of the other towns and might not recognize Riomaggiore or might be running a search on Cinque Terre which would not have brought up a post about just Riomaggiore.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 02:09 AM
Kay

Mike,<BR>we stayed recently in Manarola but ate one night in Riomaggiore. Not a hassle at all, we had a timetable so knew when the trains would go (they don't run that often). Can't remember the name of the restaurant, but get off the train, walk through the tunnel to the main part of town, it's the first restaurant on your left as you head into the town. It's on an upper level and you can eat inside or in the glassed in section that overlooks the main street. Good food, not expensive and friendly service. (Think it's in the Lonely Planet guide book.)<BR>Kay

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:09 PM
topper

topping

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Capo

We had dinner in Cinque Terre, in Vernazza, for three nights. First night was at Trattoria Gianni. The food was delicious, although I decided to try the Cinque Terre specialty made with anchovies (I forget the name) and even though I'd read that anchovies there weren't nearly as salty as those we're used to in the U.S., they were still FAR too salty for my taste. <BR><BR>The second night we intended to only have drinks with a couple we met at the Torre, the tower overlooking Vernazza (not the same as the tower overlooking the harbor) but we ended up having food there as well. The lasagna we chose was perhaps the most bland item of anything we had in Italy, but the guy of the couple we were with ordered spaghetti and loved it. In any case, the view from the terrace up there was fantastic.<BR><BR>On our third and final night, we ate at Belforte (in the castle "keep" on the harbor) and had one of our best, most atmospheric, and most bizarre meals of our entire trip. The food was wonderful (we both had seafood), it was atmospheric because we were in an intimate stone-walled room with only one other table and had a porthole we could open to hear the crashing of the waves below, and bizarre because when our waiter, the very engaging Franco, came to collect our plates, the sleeve of his sweater came too close to our candle and it caught fire (which, fortunately, we put out before it got too bad...but it was still pretty scary.)

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:47 PM
maggie shaw

We stayed in Riomaggiore for a week...Our favorite was the Groto on the main street...try the Pesto gnocchi.yummmmmm. I had it three times that week! It is easy to get from one town to another...just take the train.We would hike to different towns ...have lunch and then when we were tired and lazy we would take the train back....Enjoy and have some Pesto Gnocchi for me! Maggie

Old May 8th, 2002, 03:02 PM
ptmy

In Riomaggiore La Lampara - Spagetti Al Cartoccio.

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:19 PM
mike

Thanks. Any more?

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Capo

Mike, we didn't eat there but there was some great-looking food on the tables of people eating at a restaurant in Corniglia's tiny piazza. I don't remember the name but it has both indoor and outdoor seating and the outdoor seating is on the seaward side of the piazza.