Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Mykonos, Santorini, & Hydra

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Shailaja

Hi, We are leaving for our honeymoon this Sunday - any suggestions on things to do and restaurants in Mykonos, Santorini, Hydra, and Athens? Thanks!!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Thyra

If you get slightly bored with Greek Food we found a wonderful Italian restuarant on Santorini in Fira, called Galapagos... after days of olive oil, feta cheese and cucumbers, both my husband and myself were thrilled to eat big plates of italian pasta!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 09:34 AM
Sue

Liked Yves Klein Bleu on Mykonos and Selene (beautiful view at sunset, romantic setting) in Fira, on Santorini.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 10:09 AM
julie

We just got back from Mykonos and Santorini on June 1st. You are absolutely going to love it!!! We ate at Chez Maria and Edem in Mykonos. Both were beautiful and had delicious food. We ate at 1800 in Oia in Santorini, and had delicious food, although the terrace wasn't open to view the sunset.

We took the volcano/hot springs boat tour in Santorini, and although it was a lovely boat ride, don't get your hopes up. The volcano was simply a nice hike, and the "hot springs" was rusty, luke warm water that could only be accessed by jumping off the boat and swimming through FREEZING cold water. While the boat trip was a nice way to view the island from sea, we felt the other elements were a little hyped up.

ENJOY!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Shari

Santorini - go to "Franco" cafe in Fira in the evening. It's very special - you sit in lounge chairs facing upwards to the sky and listen to opera/classical music and have drinks. The boat tours a a tourist trap in my opinion.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Jan

Bon Appetit May 2002 has a sensational issue on the Islands of the Mediterranean. One of the islands is Santorini. Here are their recs.
1800 in Oia, phone number: 2860-714-85
Hotel Heliotopos in Imerovigli ph. is 2860 236 70
Melina's Taverna in Akrotiri 2860 827 64.

I haven't tried them but find the recs in Bon Appetit to be excellent. They also have a good article on the Santorini itself.
Congratulations!
Jan

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Erica B

I second the suggestion for Chez Maria in Mykonos - wonderful atmosphere, great food and service. You'll love it!