Restaurants in Cesky Krumlov

Old Apr 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants in Cesky Krumlov

Will be spending a few days there in May. What are your favorite places? Like a wide range of styles and cuisine......
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 08:07 PM

We stayed at a tiny place--Na Louzna in the old part of the city. They had some sort of fruit filled dumpling swimming in butter sauce that was to die for.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 04:00 AM

Hi
We were there several years ago and found a really good restaurant with Gypsie/Hungarian cuisine. Some of the food was spicy, very good. It's in the central old part of the city. It was a noisey restaurant/bar. Never had Gypsie food anywhere else. If it's still there try it.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 04:23 AM

There is a little place out the back of the main square, it is not hard to find. They have a few tables kind of out in the street. Excellent food & inexpensive beer. The restaurant in the castle on the hill is also good. I do not recall either of the names...One of the best meals we had there involved going to a deli (near the river) buying some wine & cheese & watching the rafts & canoes go by on the river. Total cost was less than $3 at the time.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 04:45 AM

I second julies' recommendation above. Those fruit dumplings at Na Louzna were fabulous. They also had a main dish called something like Royal Dish or King's Plate that was very good. (I think this is the right place -- it was nine years ago we were there.)
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 04:51 AM

I too had fruit dumplings in CK and they were amazing. I don't have any recollection of where I bought them though...I think we just ducked into a place and discovered them. Some of the other pastries were good too. I had a pastry (looked almost like a cornetto) with a sweet cream filling that was delicious.

Tracy