New Atlantis & Marina Restaurants

Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

New Atlantis & Marina Restaurants

Hi- We will be traveling to the Ocean Club next month & wanted some feedback on the new restaurants that have opened inthe last year or so. How does Cafe Martinque compare with Dune? Nobu? Is the new Carribean restaurant good? Thanks for any help. Meg
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:51 AM

Stayed at the Ocean Club in June and absolutely loved it! Dune is beautiful, very minimalist with clean lines. Food was pricey (even for the Caribbean 0 but worth it. Didn't get to Nobu, but did go to Fathoms, the restaurant with views into the aquarium; the food was pretty bad, and even the view couldn't save the experience for us. We also went to the Seafire Steakhouse (In the Marina area, I think) Food was good, but the place was so loud and overcrowded we couldn't wait to get back to the peacefulness of the Ocean Club! After that we cancelled our other Atlantis restaurant plans and ate at Dune again. Also check out the Clubhouse- its set on the Ocean Club's golf course, and has great views; the food was also great. Its 5 minutes away, and the resort's Escalade will take you and bring you back. You're going to love the Ocean Club!
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:29 PM

Hi, we also just returned two weeks ago from the Ocean Club and I agree with the other poster about the restauants and Atlantis. We went to a restaurant called Poop Deck and had a great meal. We had the Conch fritters and the grouper was the best! It's about a 10 min cab ride at the most. We heard Cafe Martinque has a new owner and not as good as it use to be, so we did not go. Nobu I heard mixed on it. If you like Shusi it is suppose to be good. You can ask Stephene at the pool bar he is a local an has all the info on where to eat. He is the one who told us about Poop Deck. He was right it was a great meal ( mosty seafood) they do have spicy fried chicken that the waitress said was good, but we passed on it. Brenda the Escalade driver is WONDERFUL and she can suggest where to go. (Tell Brenda little Kyle says hello) We also did the Friday night BBQ by the pool it was very expensive and not sure I ate my weight in Lobster, shrimp & pasta.
We did eat at the Marina area at a restaurant that I can't recall at the moment but it was next to the Jamba(ms)juice shop and it was pretty good. Also for breakfast we ate at the golf club before we played and it was really good.
Hope this helps.

Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. We've been to Ocean Club & really love it. Cafe Martinque is also run by Jean-George V. who runs Dune so I'd love to know how it is.
Oct 12th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Hi all- I'm going to answer my own question fwiw. Had a wonderful trip. We tried Nobu, Cafe Martinque, & the Seafire Steakhouse. Nobu was great. The space is all redone physically & it's very attractive & lively. Friendly service & some wonderful dishes. The menu is extensive & feel we could go again in a weeks vaction & try all different items. Since items are shared it would be great fun to go w/ a larger group. Cafe Martinque was lovely start to finish. The setting is romantic & charming. Splurged on the tasting menu & loved it. Very different style than Dune but equal in quality. Can't wait to go back w/my husband. Seafire Grill was a casual, somewhat noisy,steakhouse with nice service. Food was very good- about the same quality as Bahamian Club but much less formal. Hope this is helpful. Meg