Reload this Page >

Restaurants Alicante

Search

Restaurants Alicante

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 02:38 PM
Elin

Restaurants Alicante

Any recommendations for restaurants/good tapas-bars/restaurants in Alicante? Any recommendations higly appreciated. Thank you!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 03:00 PM
berkley

I haven't been 1n 18 years but there was a fun tapas bar called "The Paris". I know it is a strange name for spanish food.<BR>There was so many good and fun places in the old town.<BR>Have fun!!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 03:15 PM
linda

don´t miss "nou manolin".<BR>excellent tapas bar, quite small, and very nice upstairs restaurant.<BR>if you go early, 1:30 pm. probably do not need reservation.<BR>in center. do not know exact address. but i know parking is difficult.<BR><BR>lots of outdoor eateries in new port area .. good people watching.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 07:18 PM
Maribel

Elin,<BR>For tapas, definitely Nou Manolin (Villegas 3)-the best tapas bar in Alicante. The second best is their little sibling, Piripi on Oscar Espla, 30<BR>Great paellas at Darsena, at the pier.<BR>It's Penelope Casas' favorite, the author of the cookbook, Paella.<BR>Try the "arroz a banda".

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Elin

DARSINA was a TERRIBLE restaurant. Bad untasty and overcooked food with lousy fish and seashells. Service was not good either and the waiters was not polite at all.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Maribel

Elin,<BR>Wow! Sorry you had such a disappointing experience at Darsena. Certainly didn't mean to steer you wrong. Since it's considered one of the "best" seafood restaurants in Alicante, it either must have really gone down in quality lately or must have been a really, truly off night. Oddly enough, Penelope Casas just featured Darsena in a "Choice Tables" article in the NY Times Sunday Travel section on the best paella restaurants on the eastern coast, along with Nou Manolin. <BR><BR>I hope you found another restaurant for paella that you did enjoy and would highly recommend.<BR><BR>Did you try "Delfin"? <BR>When I was attending a month long lit. seminar in Alicante, our professor, a native, chose "Delfin' for our class end of school celebratory dinner, as it was his favorite-less "famous" than Darsena, but it has many different varieties of rice dishes, and we had a great time. <BR><BR><BR>

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Elin

No, we did not try Delfin. However we went to Nou Manolin which was just excellent. Darsina probably pay well for people to write good about them as we went there with a group of VERY experienced travellers and we all agreed that it was one of the most lousy restaurants we`ve ever experienced in Spain.