Reload this Page >

Restaurant Reviews for Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 04:40 AM
Phyllis Stein

OK, I've waited three days for the search function to function and no dice, so I'm going to ask you all directly: What are your favorite websites for restaurant reviews for Paris? <BR> <BR>I've seen patriciawells.com and I know about Zagat's. I remember one when I was planning a trip in 1999 that showed photographs and apparently allowed you to book a table, but I can't find it now (something like bestrestaurants.com -- they had a site for London, too). <BR> <BR>I would really love to be able to do a search here on Fodors for restaurants in the 6th and 7th ... but I guess that won't happen anytime soon. <BR> <BR>I have so many questions for this upcoming trip I KNOW could be answered from previous posts, but I'm not a patient person; if that search function doesn't begin to show some signs of life, you'll be seeing a whole lotta Paris questions from me.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 04:53 AM
StCirq

Phyllis: Having had some experience with the completely dysfunctional Fodor's search engine, I share your frustration. If this is your real e-mail address, let me know and I'll send you a list of restaurants throughout Paris that I have compiled over the last 10 years of traveling there at least a couple of times a year. We usually stay in the 7me, so the list contains lots in that area.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:00 AM
Jody

Phyllis. I don't know the site you are asking about that also has London, But www.reservethe best.com, has quite a few good restaurants and takes bookings

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:01 AM
Phyllis Stein

Thanks, St. Cirq -- this is my real e-mail address, though not my real name (if you say it fast, you'll see why I chose it). I'd love to see a restaurant list from you; that would be a great help. <BR> <BR>I have to admit I tried to search again just now (I'm not a patient person, but I am stubborn), and actually got a result.... Boy, is my face red.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:02 AM
JOdy

Sorry, I meant to add this site is for Paris .

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:05 AM
Phyllis Stein

Thanks JOdy -- that's the site! I should have mentioned the cookie with the big hat and sunglasses; she's the "logo" I remember. Thanks so much!

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:28 AM
Ursula

Phyllis: I like <BR>www.parisavenue.com <BR> <BR>Not only for restaurants, but also for all sorts of inputs. It's a weekly newsletter sponsored by daily newspaper Le Figaro. <BR> <BR>Also nice: <BR>www.bparis.com <BR>www.pariscope.fr The weekly What's on For Paris (only in French)

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 07:03 PM
Karen

StCirq- I'm heading to Paris the last week in September and I've been researching restaurants. I'd love it if you could e-mail me your list. Thanks. Karen

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 07:33 PM
coco

Phyllis, <BR> You might want to browse on thinkparis.com, I particularly enjoy The Food Hunter reviews. <BR>

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 04:15 AM
Phyllis Stein

Thanks all, for your thoughtful replies. This phase of trip planning is making me hungry.