Restaurant recs for dinner in Camogli?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2006, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried searching this topic but any discussions regarding restaurants in Camogli were about three years old... Any current recommendations? Thanks!
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:57 AM

Da Paolo is the best by far, but Vento Ariel and Rosa's are also good. Your hotel can provide directions to each. You may be told you need a taxi to get to Rosa's, but if you don't mind a bit of a walk uphill, it is walkable, about 15 minutes from the waterfront.

Old May 31st, 2006, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Great, thank you! I'm helping a friend with her itinerary. They are staying at Hotel Casmona, which is along the waterfront, I believe. What are the price ranges for those you mentioned?
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:10 AM

The Casmona is right on the waterfront is a truly charming location. It is definitely worth the extra bucks to book a room with a terrace if available.

With wine, dessert and coffee, dinner at Da Paolo's and Rosa's will run 40 per person easily. Vento Ariel is a bit less, but not by a lot. There are other less expensive restaurant choices. I enjoy eating at La Luna pizzeria, which is practically in the Mediterranean. There is a hole in the wall spaghetteria which is dirt cheap. The food is uneven, so I'd suggest going with whatever the special of the day is.

There is also a small place that it right under the archway that separates the fishing boat harbor from the seaside promenade. I'm sorry I don't know the name, but some of the tables sit on a dock built over the water. I had very reasonably priced, tasty lunch there.

I highly recommend La Primula for cocktails or gelato or cappucino, but not for food. I've never eaten at Cenobbio al Doge (spelling? I almost always get it wrong) but having a drink there at sunset is my husband's only religion. The service is very friendly, as it is everywhere in Camogli.

If your friend likes seafood (I hope!) try drinking the local Vermentino wine to go with it. The wine itself is somewhat salty, so be forewarned, but I think it is excellent with the local frutta di mare.

Finally, the little takeaway gelateria directly under the Casmona is highly recommended.

Old May 31st, 2006, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I'm copying all your suggestions into their itinerary immediately. I am, as usual, living vicariously through her on this one, so the only fun I get is in planning. I liked "husband's only religion" - great way to put it!
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:23 AM

Happy to spread the joy. I hope they have a great time.