Reload this Page >

Restaurant help in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:55 AM
Kathleen

All:<BR>Happy New Year.<BR>When I was in Florence a couple of years ago we ate at this terrific restaurant of which, sadly, I cannot remember the name. It was in a little alley and it didn't have a menu. You just sat down and they started bringing food to the table -- family style. You didn't get your own table unless you were a big party -- we ended up sitting with a nice couple from Venice. The other thing I remember was that it was really crowded -- there was a huge line outside before it even opened. I know it is a real shot in the dark but does this sound familiar to anyone? Do you know this restaurant?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:58 AM
J

Spunds like Il Latini to me.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 08:32 AM
sandi

Can you give us any more info on what part of town it's in...etc..

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 12:04 PM
Ron

Il Latini is listed in the Red Guide.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 12:11 PM
Kathleen

Thanks for all the quick responses. It has to be Il Lantini -- I just read its description on the site. I am going again in a couple of months with my husband and wanted to share this restaurant with him. <BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:30 PM
ron

definitely Il Lattino.Loud,packed but fun and the food is very good. Not the best but good. But the main attraction is the all you can drink wine,large portions of meat and the atmosphere inside. Expect to wait outside(no reservations taken)but even if your waiting expect to get some free booze while you wait