Restaurant close to FCO

Jun 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

Restaurant close to FCO

I am looking for a restaurant near FCO for lunch for my daughter's in-laws. They have a 5 hour layover. Their flight arrives right at noon and their connection to Catania is not until 5PM. They will have their bags and can't go far. I would like to find somewhere for them to have a leisurely lunch (somewhere that is not too stressful for them to find) during their layover. I will reserve a driver if I need to.
Jun 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM

If no one comes up with a restaurant, they can walk their luggage over to the Hilton and have lunch and relax a bit.
Jun 1st, 2007, 03:47 PM

There is an Auto Grill self-service restaurant upstairs in the terminal building. Reasonably priced, freshly cooked, but not a place to linger as it has fast turnover.
Jun 1st, 2007, 05:50 PM

Take a taxi to the town of Fiumicino, about ten minutes from the airport terminal. On the harbor is Al Molo which I've been to a few times and always enjoyed. Specializes in seafood and has a lovely outdoor terrace to dine on with view of the sea and planes taking off from FCO.
Jun 2nd, 2007, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Grinisa - Perfect! This is for my daughter's father-in-law and his sister. They are not well traveled so I am going to make all their arrangements. I will arrange for them to go to Al Molo for lunch. I have looked at Al Molo's website and it looks great. Thanks!