Reload this Page >

Residenza Farnese hotel - Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Shannon

Does anyone have the web site for this hotel? I have searched the web and can't find it. Thanks.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 02:53 PM
Tammy

http://mysite.ciaoweb.it/rfarnese/<BR>Shannon, what have you heard about this hotel? It was mentioned in Conde Nast, but I didn't read the article. Did you?

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 07:02 AM
Shannon

The article was only a mention, gave the address and said it was a great new small hotel. I don't know anything else about it. I'm trying to research it. Thanks.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 06:55 PM
d.cothran

Try this rather lengthy address:<BR><BR>http://ivillage.bbchannel.com/bbc/p617063.asp<BR>

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 03:45 AM
Tammy

d.cothran, Your address is for another property near the Vatican. Residenza Farnese is near Piazza Navona.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Martha

the website is http://www.venere.com/it/roma/residenzafarnese/<BR>through verere.com you can book reservation online.<BR>Did you ever find out anything more about it?

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Sherry

Have reservations for this May for two nights. A friend checked it out for me in September and said it is wonderful. The e-mail is [email protected]<BR>He also picked me up a brochure and it looks lovely. They have a very good command of English when you e-mail them and respond quickly. Hope this helps.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Sherry

I checked out the venere website and the prices listed are quite a bit higher then the ones I received from the hotel. I would write to them directly before booking with the venere site.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 10:55 AM
Barb

Any info on this hotel. Location? Prices seem very reasonable for a single. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 11:47 AM
Angela

Barb,<BR> I posted a message today also about the rates at this hotel. It's supposedly a 4* hotel yet the rates are so low, I'm thinking there must be something we don't know. Does anyone know if it's under construction or something?

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 01:09 PM
ellen

For clarification on location, I would note that although the venere website says it is steps from the Piazza Navona, it is really several blocks away. Piazza Navona is a couple blocks north of Corso Vittoria Emmanuele and the hotel is several blocks south. It is sort of between the Campo di Fiori and the river and near via Guilia. It would be convenient to Trastevere, but a hike to the Spanish Steps.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Dietmar

I have booked it over the easterweekend - i'll tell you then, if i would recommend<BR>rgds<BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:02 AM
Brian

Just returned from a week at the Residenza Farnese in Rome. We had a very nice stay. The hotel is located on a small street on the left hand side of the Piazzo Farnese. I read about the room in Conde Nast and decided to give it a try. <BR><BR>The location is great. It's less than a 5 minute walk to Campo dei Fiori, and less than a 10 minute walk to Piazza Navona. There are several really nice restaurants in that area.<BR><BR>The hotel is not big. I think it only uses 2 floors in a old Roman mansion. The lobby area has a sitting area and there is a bar with a billiard table on the side. There is a bigger room in the back for conference meetings and a nice side breakfast room. <BR><BR>The corridor leading to our room was beautiful. Green walls with grey tile and green carpet runner. The ceiling had all recessed lighting. <BR> <BR>I have to be honest, when I opened the door to our room I went "UGH" to myself. It was not that big, in fact it was 13' X 11' (I counted the floor tiles!!). We had a corner room (#305). It had a tile floor, green and gold drapes that went from the floor to ceiling and a big armoire for our clothes. We had a double bed with a good mattress (I was really hoping for a King size... I hate double beds.. too small) The room also had 2 huge windows. When I opened up the windows the room was filled with light. There was a huge palm tree outside one of the windows. The room was very clean, and the decor was nice... plain but nice. After I while the "UGH" comment went away. <BR><BR>The bathroom had white tiles on the floor and half way up the wall and was spotless. There was a small stall shower, wc, bidet and sink. They also provided a basket with soap, shampoo, shoe cleaner, etc.<BR><BR>The best part of the hotel was the staff. They were some of the friendlist people I have ever met at a hotel. The front desk people especially were great. Very friendy and helpful. <BR><BR>My wife and I were planning a day trip to Sorrento and Pompei. We asked the guy at the front desk if he had any info on the trains. He said to give him 10 minutes. When we came down to go out for dinner, he had printed us a schedule of the trains off the web and gave it to us. <BR><BR>When we checked out yesterday, we had an early flight back so we needed a cab to be outside at 5AM. We spoke to the guy at the desk and he said he would take care of it. The next morning at 4:45AM the cab was waiting. The guy knew we had done a great deal of shopping and had many bags so he ordered us a full size Mercedes to take us to the airport. All of our bags fit in the car. The staff was really great.<BR><BR>I paid 141 Euros for the room. I don't know how other hotels in Rome compare, but when I look at the cost, the quiet and convienient location, and the friendly staff, I was very happy with the selection. <BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:04 PM
Sherry

Hi Brian. I really appreciate your comments on the Residenza Farnese. WE too read the article and decided to give it a try. We will be staying there in May.<BR>I did write to ask if all of the rooms are the same. I never think to ask for a specific room. They wrote promptly back to tell us our room has two twin beds. So at least we will have a little more sleeping room.<BR>I am glad you gave me an idea how far a distance it is from major sights. My perception of Rome is not good. When I looked at a map it seemed so far away from everything. We do not mind walking, but I don't want to spend all of my time getting to and from the hotel.<BR>Would you please give me an idea of what the breakfasts are like?

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:22 PM
Sherry

P.S. Do you remember approximately how much the cab ride was to the airport. Thanks