romantic irish b&b, dining or pub

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 05:32 PM
mamak

romantic irish b&b, dining or pub

Leaving for Ireland on Saturday. Looking for a romantic adventure. Planning to head to Northern Ireland as well. Your suggestions?

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 06:00 PM
Kim

I absolutely loved staying at Mount Juliet near Kilkenny and of course it doesn't get any more romantic than Ashford Castle in Cong. Enjoy!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:32 AM
Ann

In Northern Ireland, try the Slieve Donard hotel in Newcastle. It's a beautiful old hotel right on the beach, with views over the sea, obviously, and to the Mourne Mountains. It's expensive for N.I., but it's a great spot.

If you want more of a hide away, try the Slieve Croob Inn. It's a little hotel up in the mountains. It's a gorgeous spot. In addition to rooms in the main part of the hotel, they also have some cottages nearby (within easy walking distance).

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:16 PM
Wendy

Pennsylvania House in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal is a great place for romance. Book the king or queen bedrooms and you'll certainly feel like you are royalty!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:35 PM
John

You may want to consider Dromoland Castle near Newmarket-on-Fergus (near Shannon), a super hotel. Walk up rate last week was $150 per night.

If in Dublin the Trinity Lodge is great. Have dinner at Pacinos (tell the owner you would like a special table).

In Northern Island Enniskellen is a super base in romantic countryside (Donnegal area). Can't recommend a hotel or B&B, but if you are into self-catering; Belle Isle is super.

Have fun, you will love it.