Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Residence Retezova or House of the Three Drums..Please excuse my typos!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Louisa

I was shocked when I saw all my typos on my posting--this is my first attempt at posting and hope it is not my last!<BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 02:34 AM
Andrea

Topping - I'm in the early stages of planning an October Prague trip & Three Drums (U tri bubnu) & Retezova (Berlin room) lead my list, too. Anyone been there? Or U Suteru? These hotels all look great, are 5 min. or less from Wencelas Square, and are under $150 US per night in high season. Thanks.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Jan

Hi,<BR>I am not familiar with House of Three Drums, but I have visisted Residence Retezova. I was in Prague in April 2001 and walked by their hotel. I believe it was quite new. It looked interesting so I asked for a tour. It looked great. The rooms were beautiful, tastefully decorated, wood floors and perfect for a family. You have a choice between 1-2 bedroom 'apartments'. Prices were also extremely reasonable and it would be my first choice next time I go to Prague. Management was friendly and the location was perfect. It is in the old town in that maze of streets. Your taxi driver won't be so thrilled about it, but it looks like a fun place to be. Please let us know how it is if you go!<BR>Cheers,<BR>Jan

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:35 AM
Joyce

Residence Retezova sounds good to me! Could you tell me more about the accomodation, like price and whereabout? Many thanks

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 08:08 AM
ajs

I just returned from Prague. I stayed at the Metamorphis, but Retezova was my second choice. <BR>I made sure to walk by there, but did not go in. From the sound of the description here and the pictures on their nice site, I had a good idea. <BR>The location is smack dab in the middle of everything, as is Metamorphis, the only thing I can say is because of that, if it's warm and you have to leave the windows open, it's noisy, "till late, and I'm pretty tolerant. I just don't think any or many places in that area have A/C,. Too bad, it would solve this, as both hotels were great.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 09:59 AM
jason

These are vastly differing places. The Retezova is closest in kind to the Residence Lundborg (excuse spelling) on the Charles Bridge. U suteru and Tri Bubnu are not good for people who don't like to carry suitcases up 4 floors. For and against. I like the odd furnishings in the Suteru but there's no lift and the entry is off a busy street, Tri Bubnu is much newer but I get this "go away" feeling whwnever I pass it i.e. front gate is locked at night, stairs from hell and a very cramped reception. If you've got the budget go for the Retezova but, there is building work going on in the street so ask for a rear facing apartment.<BR><BR>Jason (http://www.jasoncholt.com/prague)

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 02:33 PM
JB

Jason - Thanks for the update regarding the Residence Retezova. I have reservations there for mid-November...with a front facing room! Do you happen to know what kind of construction they're doing/how long it's scheduled to last? Thanks so much for the first-hand information.<BR><BR>Cheers-<BR>JB

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 05:55 PM
JB

Jason - Since I believe you are in Prague, I just thought I'd follow my earlier request up with a note that I hope you're okay. I just realized how severe the flooding is there and felt kind of silly that I was asking a resident for hotel advice when they're apparently evacuating large parts of the city!

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 12:34 PM
jason

JB,<BR><BR>The whole street is being renovated and as half of it is "pedestrian only" much of the equipment was being parked opposite the Retezova. I was there two weeks ago and much of the heavy stuff is now completed but, painting etc continues. I'd still go for a rear facing as there is no advantage to a street facing in this location.<BR><BR>Jason