Reload this Page >

Reservations on Trains with Eurorailpass

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 05:15 PM
Bill

I'm backing through Europe this May-June, I will be purchasing my Eurorail pass soon, most of my trip I will probably just play it by year with my lightly scheduled agenda. The question I have is, there is 1 part on my trip where I'd like to reserve a sleeper on the train from Paris to Interlaken, therefor, can I reserve online? Or should I just wait until I'm in Paris and reserve a day or two ahead of time? Also, the pass I'm getting will allow me First Class travel, will I need to reserve for that as well, or will I be able to just jump on whatever trains I need to? Any tips would be greatful. thanks in advance...

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 04:52 AM
David

Well, I just got back from a trip a few weeks ago, and didn't have a problem. I'd call the night before and have a reservation waiting for me the next day. But I did go during the off season... if you have any questions I might be ale to help with, email me

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 12:17 PM
xxxx

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 03:04 PM
Christina

I can't comment on how far ahead you need to reserve that sleeper or if you can do it online, but I can say that if you have a first class railpass, you do not need to reserve just for first=class, you just get on the first-class cars. So, for trains that don't require reservations (the TGV in France does require reservations, for example), you just get on those cars.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 03:17 PM
celia lynn

I traveled on a sleeper from Vienna to Venice. I made the sleeper reservation when I bought my EurRail Pass. That way, you've got it in hand and don't have to worry about it. I booked about 4 months before my trip.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 03:34 PM
StCirq

&lt;&lt;if you have a first class railpass, you do not need to reserve just for first=class, you just get on the first-class cars.&gt;&gt; <BR> <BR>I don't use Eurrail passes, but I do know something about European trains, and I think that in first class you need to have an actual seat reservation, which would mean that you need to have contact with the train system before just jumping on a train, no? I think it would be wise to stop in at an SNCF station a day or two ahead of time (more if you're traveling at peak times) and get a seat assignment.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 03:42 PM
celia lynn

You only need reservation for seat assignment on the "Fast" trains,,,,TGV, Eurostar, and I forget what the Italian fast trains are called. I only traveled on the fast trains,(other than the sleeper) so I can't help you with the rest of it. <BR> <BR>Have a wonderful time!