RER C5 Timetable to Versailles?

Old Jul 29th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RER C5 Timetable to Versailles?

Hi, Paris Experts,

I'm frustrated! I'm sure I have made a stupid error, but I'm tired to trying to figure out what I did wrong. I'd be so grateful is someone could help.

We are arriving at CDG Terminal 2 on an August Friday night at 21:30. Our hotel is the Ibis in Versailles (so we can do the chateau and grounds on Sat., incl. the musical fountains and fireworks, then head back into the city on Sun. for the week).

On paper, our journey appears straightforward: At the RER/TGV station in Terminal 2, we board any RER B line train ("Paris direct" is express) into the city (direction: Robinson); we get off at the St-Michel Notre Dame station and transfer to the RER C5 line (nickname: "Vick") to Versailles (making sure the end point is the gare at Versailles Rive Gauche). I understand to beware of and can see on the map the C line branches.

My frustration is simply being unable to confirm we can do this--because we are arriving so late, I don't want any unhappy surprises. Every time I input my journey into any of the interactive planners, they show me making all sorts of bus, Metro and walking connections to crazy places! **I found a similar complaint in the archives here, and some of you experts said, don't worry about the goofy interactive journey planners, you will be fine.** But call me crazy, I'd feel better about dragging a family of 4 + luggage across Paris via public transport at that time of night if I had something in writing to show I was on the right track...literally.

I have in hand a downloaded timetable for the RER B line. It's great. I know we can get into the city, no problem. It's getting out to Versailles that's the trick. For the life of me, I can't find a RER C line timetable. RATP sends me to SNCF, which is Transilien for that region, and I can't seem to manipulate either to produce a timetable. I Googled to no avail, as well....

Merci beaucoup!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Old Jul 29th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Original Poster

Okay, posting reply to my own! First post, I realize it is in Europe general, I am going to re-post this in France. Sorry.

Old Jul 29th, 2007, 08:26 PM

There is no "France" forum. There's only "Europe". This thread is fine. You shouldn't have started the other one.

The country listing is only for search purpose. Doesn't affect how they're listed.
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 08:36 PM

Using ratp.fr, the last C5 train from St-Michel Notre-Dame to Versailles-Rive Gauche departs at 00:04 and arrives 00:41.

You may be okay.

Also, what day in August are you going? I believe there is track work on the RER along the Seine, so you may not be able to take the RER C5 from St-Michel.
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Thx, rkkwan. Sorry about the double post.

Our travel date is 17/08.

Coincidentally, I was checking TripAdvisor reviews of our hotel in the city, which is also accessed from CDG via the RER B to C switch at St-Michel Notre-Dame, and the traveler indicates the St-Michel Notre-Dame station was closed for maintenance. (Date of report: 21/07/2007) I have attempted to find this information on the ratp and sncf sites (French versions through a translator), but I seem to come up only with traffic reports and accidents.

Can anyone point me to a station closure list or info specific to the status of St-Michel Notre-Dame?

Thanks.
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

To provide closure to this thread, in the other identical thread I started (sheesh!), a poster confirms the RER C line is closed along the Seine, as rkkwan suggested, between Ivalides and Austerlitz until at least 25/08/2007.

Thanks.