Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

RER all the way to luxembourg from Orly?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 01:12 PM
faile626

i did a text search, but didn't see this answered. i know it's a rudimentary question, but i have to be sure! <BR><BR>according to the RER maps i've seen of paris, it looks like i can take the RER from orly to any of the stops on the RER Orly-CDG line...luxembourg, st. michel, chatelet, gare du nord, etc. i just want to be absolutely sure that i just hop on a train at the airport and get off at one of those above stops -- no changes, right? and this will cost around 11 euros?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Andre

faile,<BR><BR>Indeed, the Luxembourg stop is on the RER B line which goes to Orly. You do however need to take a little shuttle train called Orlyval from the terminal to the "Anthony" RER station. It's supposed to be very easy (never done it myself however).<BR><BR>Here's a useful link:<BR>http://www.ratp.fr/ParisVisite/Eng/Voy_q/Voy_r/Voy_r_spc/orlyval.htm<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Myriam

You will indeed have to take the Orlyval first, which is very easy. It is sort of a cable-railway going between Orly South over Orly West to Anthony. It runs off and on every few minutes. Buy your combiticket (Orlyval + RER) at the airport, follow the signs to RER, then you will come in a kind of hall with glass doors. It is behind the glass doors that the Orlyval will show up. The glass doors will open and close automatically.<BR>You can take the RER B all the way from Anthony to Charles de Gaulle without changes. If I recall well, I paid 17 euro for the combiticket from Orly South to Gare du Nord.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 10:01 AM
faile626

wow! incredibly helpful. i feel very confident about this now. thanks, andre and myriam. <BR><BR>that 'andre' wouldn't be andre duvignead, would it? <BR><BR>faile

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Andre

Nope <BR><BR>Andre