Renting a Mini Cooper in Germany

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for some help. I've searched all over the internet and can't find anything information online.

I'm very interested in renting a Mini Cooper for three weeks in Germany this summer. I'm flying into Frankfurt and will be located in the Heidelberg area for the majority of the time.

Can anyone suggest or recommend an agency to rent from?

Thanks
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 06:07 AM

europcar offers them- at a pretty stiff premium - in the UK. You may want to check to see if they have the same program in Germany.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 06:17 AM

Sorry - computer problems.

Also search for luxury car rentals - (porsche, BMW etc.) typically if you want a specific car guaranteed you need to use them rather than a basic car rental co which will guarantee only a class of car.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 06:37 AM

You're right, it is difficult to find Mini's for rental in Germany!

I did a search in German for you and found the following company, but their offices do not appear to be too near to Frankfurt or Heidelberg http://sparmobile.de/mietwagen-mittelklasse.htm
(check out column M2 - since the Mini is considered Middle Class, it is not too expensive)

You could call or email them to see if they know of other rental agencies, if they cannot help you.
Phone from the US: 011-49-9561-863144
E-Mail: [email protected]

Last year at some point, I distinctly remember sixt rental car offering mini's for rental at a 'special' rate, and they currently list mini's for re-sale on their website, so I know they have to rental them somehow. You should give them a call.
E-sixt Frankfurt Airport number:
011-49-180-5262525
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your replies. I did manage to find something. A friend just leased a BMW 330. She spoke to her dealership and they're going to give me a Mini for 480 Euro for the three weeks. Fully insured. I thought this was great, seeing the prices I was getting for a 'regular' car from a 'regular' agency were running between 850 - 1000 US for the same time period.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 07:54 AM
yawning

Congratulatiions, celticdreams.

Does your friend know if BMW has a loaner/rental program for BMW owners?

I bought my Euro-deliverd 5-series last year and I'm wondering if there is something I can ask about from my local dealer regarding the possibility of renting a Mini Cooper in Munich this summer.

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

I just learned that my Mini is going to be covered with adverts from the BMW dealership! Oh well - I can live with that.

Yawning - I have no idea and to be honest, I'm not sure she could find out. She had to bring her landlord with her just to get my car rented! She speaks little German and the folks at the dealership didn't speak much English.

However - it can be done - so I'm sure your dealership could help you. If I had a BMW here, that's the route I would have taken. Ask them to take that extra service step and work it out for you.

Good luck!
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 12:10 PM

CD! What a cool idea! I wonder if it will be just, like on the door or the "bonnet" or if it will be enveloped like the London cabs are these days!